Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

formatting a pivot table

Hello I'm new to NPrinting
I got a P&L pivot table in qlik sense dashboard but as you know we cannot deeply format the output in Qlik Sense
the Pivot Table looks like this:
client_pl.PNG

however the expected look is like this:
expected.PNG

is there a way by which I can see exactly the pivot table in Qlik Sense in NPrinting and I do the formatting there?
the output is set to be as Excel 

kindly advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is possible however it requires planning (typical to P&L) where you need to have few extra columns indicating the format of the row.

To be honest for P&L in Qlik Sense I also use straight table with proper mapping and indenting using CHR160

as for NPrinting

My approach is normally to use straight table in QlikView /Qlik Sense with appropriate groupings and formats passed to hidden excel columns and use of excel conditional formatting to apply formats.  

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

is there a way to show me how ? cause I'm new to nprinting

I can walk on water when it freezes
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

forget NPrinting for a moment..

1. make sure you prepare your data first in Qlik Sense

• Create your PnL using Straight table in Qlik Sense
  • Create column in this table which will indicate all possible formats like:
    • grand total
    • subtotal
    • number format 1
    • number format 2 etc..
    • colour 1
    • colour 2 etc..
    • font A
    • font B etc... this column will be later used in EXCEL  conditional formatting

So up until now there is nothing related to NPrinting really, right?

Once you have this done you need to bring in this table to NPrinting and create a single table in excel. Bring also that additional column which clearly indicates formatting. 

Then use conditional Excel formatting based on the value in that additional column 

https://youtu.be/uVTk0n277lw

The only thing you do in NPrinting is bringing data and creating formatting rules.

This is not easy to explain in single post on community. I may spend a day trying to explain all steps during NPrinting training session, but the fact is that most planning and development is done in Qlik Sense... 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.