cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

how to create reduce and distribute to email; Nprinting+Qlik Sense

I've reviewed what documentation I could find which describes a very complicated process of importing recipients to nprinting. Is there a simple step by step example of how to reduce and distribute like was done in QlikView. Example, based on a table of:

selection_criteria, email

where selection criteria might be for example things that are in a list box and associated to an email address. So, each email gets a version of the report where selection_criteria has been selected.

NPrinting version 17.x

QlikSense 3.x

4 Replies
Not applicable

There's no loop and reduce type feature in NPrinting.

You either have to use the Excel import feature or use the APIs to build users.

daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

maybe I am asking the question wrong? This is our primary purpose for setting up nprinting--to take a dashboard and distribute "pretty' reports to end users. So do you mean we just need to configure the excel import process with filters, etc.?

daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

am I correct to assume that one could create an nprinting report to assemble the excel import file daily as a prereq to the import recipients task?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well,

recipient import process is not that hard - help document has a template embeded, and you have to populate this template with your values, and yes - this is currently the only supported method by qlik.

The hard bit is managing it (deleting person from assigned Filetr, Group or Role as those can be only updated or added by import)

As you pointed above - I just have to cinfigure recipient import/ play with it  and attach recipient filters.

cheers

Lach

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.