cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

how to develop nprinting when large data sets make report preview take forever

We have a qlik sense app that allows analysis of large data sets of millions of rows through various filters. Other developers want to automate the emailing of filtered extracts from this. When they use a connection and try to edit an excel report, it takes forever to preview because the unfiltered data set is so large.  I can put a filer on the table in the report designer, but then we need to remove the filter to be able to do more general things where we create filters on the task or report in nprinting. What is the correct way to approach this challenge? Is there some feature where it can load a limited set of rows for preview?

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi David,

That is the correct approach.  There is no other turn key approach to performing the preview at this time.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000037349

Kind regards...fs

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My approach is different.

I just load limited data to QlikView or Qlik Sense application so i don't have to "hammer" Qlik server when working with big application. 

This approach allows me to test all features and once it is all ready i test performance on full dataset.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.