cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

how to improve Nprint performance case study

Hi, I need to schedule to run around 20 Nprint reports from my computer and my initial aim is to produce each report in 2 mins so i monitor the performance while i am building the QVW and Nprint files. up until earlier version i am still ok with the performance, the initial time to complete the first report is about 1 minutes but as i add on more content to the QVW files and Nprint files, the performance drop to around 3 minutes per report. but then after i make a few small changes (mainly as requested to split a few pages to more pages) then average time to run a report is about 9 mins which is not really ideal. thus i want to see how can the performance could be improved:

Fact:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 -4600 CPU@2.1 GHz

RAM:8 GB (7.71 GB usable)

QVW file size :480MB (initial 330MB)

Number of objects:2400

Number of sheets:21

Excel template size:100KB

most of the information is exported to excel by straight table or cells without formatting.

Things have been done:

I have gone through all objects and remove all unnecessary objects.

i have reduced the template to be used to the minimal:6

Constraint: the data model should be pretty optimal and would not be changed.

What i should change to improve performance?

thanks

11 Replies
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

I have tried to drop fields as you suggested. and I am not dropping any key fields and the result is the actually the file size goes up. I was using binary load and then drop a few unused fields. when some fields were dropped, the file size does go down a little bit (very minimal). but for some fields when they are dropped, the file size actually goes up by as much as  20%

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well do not worry about this too much. What version of Qlik are you on? I remember there was a bug in one of the versions which was causing behaviour you have described (that after dropping data the actual size of file grew or was not changed)

Just keep dropping EVERYTHING what is not used. From my experience i could usually reduce size of the app by 60% and significantly improve performance.

Would you be able to scramble data in your app and attach qvw here so i could have a look at it?

To scramble data you can follow this method:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/Document_Properties_Scrambling.ht...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.