Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_qlik
Partner - Contributor III

how to show filter applied on a single table object

Hi,

I have and excel report with some sheet, each sheet has a table object with a different filter applied.

I need to show on the top of each sheet the selection and filter applied to each table object, usually when I apply filter to the whole report I use GetCurrentSelections on the formula and it works but in this case it doesn't work because I don't have filter applied to the whole report but I have different filter applied to each table object, how can I do?

Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @P_qlik 

1. create a text object in the connected QlikView document
  2. insert on it a GetCurrentSelections() customized based on your needs https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...
  3. refresh the connection cache and when finished close and reopen the Designer
  4. add the text object as image, apply the object filter to it and drag and drop into the template
  5. add the table object, apply the object filter and drag and drop it into the template
  6. run a preview

You need to add an object with the GetCurrentSelections() formula and the same object filter of the table. You cannot simply add the GetCurrentSelections() as formula because it will not show the object filter selections.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

To be honest @P_qlik it is not abundantly clear what your requirement is.

So I will just make some suggestions to try to help you based on what I 'think' you requirement is:

Select object filter.PNG

If this does not help, I would suggest that you clarify your requirement further with

• Detailed steps to reproduce
  • What are your expected results: (provide description and mock up image)
  • What are you actual results:  (provide description and image

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Make sure to remove the 'report' filter in the above case.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
P_qlik
Author

Hi @Frank_S , thank you for the answer.

What I need is something that says what selections are applied on table object, for example if on table object CH187 I applied a filter 2016, I need to see written  something like "current selection: 2016",.

Is it possible to do?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @P_qlik 

1. create a text object in the connected QlikView document
  2. insert on it a GetCurrentSelections() customized based on your needs https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...
  3. refresh the connection cache and when finished close and reopen the Designer
  4. add the text object as image, apply the object filter to it and drag and drop into the template
  5. add the table object, apply the object filter and drag and drop it into the template
  6. run a preview

You need to add an object with the GetCurrentSelections() formula and the same object filter of the table. You cannot simply add the GetCurrentSelections() as formula because it will not show the object filter selections.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
P_qlik
Author

Perfect, thank you!