Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiM
Contributor II
Contributor II

language in PixelPerfect line chart date time axis

Hi everybody,

I have a PixelPerfect line chart with a date time x-axis. Thanks to PixelPerfect Stacked Lines Chart it looks really well, but I have one last issue.

The arguments of the x-axis are single days displayed in month format. How can I set the language of the months to English instead of German, i. e. 'Mar' instead of 'Mrz'?

axis previewaxis preview

X axis propertiesX axis properties

label formatlabel format

In the source qvw I already have english monthnames (SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec';).

Thank you for your help.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What are the OS regional setting on your NPrinting engine server - looks like it is German - isn't? Try setting it up to English.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
DiM
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech and thank you for your suggestion.

First I thought to change the OS date format does the job. I tried with English format on the server and on the machine where NPrinting Designer is installed (yes, it was German). In Designer "May" is displayed, but in a PDF generated via preview or publish task it is "Mai" (see screenshot). Perhaps it is because I only changed the date format and not the whole regional setting.

Designer_vs_PDF.png

But for now I will use month numbers as a workaround. Not so nice because in other objects of this report I use short english monthnames, but in the end the same information.

Kind regards