migration Nprinting to AWS

wanted

migration steps for Nprinting to AWS 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

With that configuration there is nothing to talk about. Just move on prem instances to AWS EC2 instances at thats it...

steps are documented in official documentation for QlikView: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

for NPrinting it is just installing software and recreating configuration as on the old server + copying .nsq and .ini  files and templates. Also think about smtp server, but that is question to people who will build up your aws environments..

Now, Neither of versions you are using are supported anymore so if i was you i would think about migration to NPrinting Nov2020 or Feb2021 and Qlikview April2020 sr3

NPrinting migration to the latest version is also documented but it should only be performed by experienced nprinting developers, steps and video tutorials are here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I would like to let you know that this a community where volunteers share for free their time and knowledge (a part Qlik employees like me). So I strongly suggest you to follow some basic netiquette rules while posting and invest the time that is needed to well describe your issue. Thanks.

Please remember to always add the label with the Qlik NPrinting version you are using because the answer could depend on it. 

I suggest you to start by searching AWS here in the community because this topic was already discussed in the past. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
SASIKANTH55
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We are using Qlikview Nprinting  Version: 16.4.0.0(SR4)

and Qlikview we are using 

Desktop 11.2

Server 11.2

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

With that configuration there is nothing to talk about. Just move on prem instances to AWS EC2 instances at thats it...

steps are documented in official documentation for QlikView: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

for NPrinting it is just installing software and recreating configuration as on the old server + copying .nsq and .ini  files and templates. Also think about smtp server, but that is question to people who will build up your aws environments..

Now, Neither of versions you are using are supported anymore so if i was you i would think about migration to NPrinting Nov2020 or Feb2021 and Qlikview April2020 sr3

NPrinting migration to the latest version is also documented but it should only be performed by experienced nprinting developers, steps and video tutorials are here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.