Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobT
Partner - Contributor III

nPrint destination folder based on filter

Hi! 

We have two repots both goes on into one folder each. But I would like to manage it through subfolders based on which area they belong to. To make it short, filter which area and use that to detirmine loation.

We talking about archive folders as the reports are sent out through mail only.

Is this possible, if so, how?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In a publish task you can add many destination folders, so it depends on the filters. If you can apply the filters you need on report, users or template objects you can add all reports on the same task. Instead if you apply task filters they will affect all reports. 

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Could you add some details?

For example, the two reports come from two different templates? In this case you can apply different filters to each report and create two publish task with two different folders as destinations. You first need to create the two different folders as destinations. 

Or are two reports generated from the same template by using, for example, cycles? In this case you could evaluate to use a Qlik variable in the folder destination configuration.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
JacobT
Author

Hi,

Yes it's two different templates. So there are a lot of different filters and around 30 tasks each. I guess I will have to do it on every task directly? Was just interested if you could do it on a higher level and avoid the loads of manual work that comes with it.

Each filter has the the region in the name, same with the tasks, so thats what I thought I could use to map it directly with a filter.

/jacob

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In a publish task you can add many destination folders, so it depends on the filters. If you can apply the filters you need on report, users or template objects you can add all reports on the same task. Instead if you apply task filters they will affect all reports. 

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero