Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

nPrinting 16.2.0.0 Connection is Blank

I recently installed QlikView nPrinting version 16.2.0.0.

I made a connection successfully to  a qvw file. It is seen in the connections as follows:

1.png

Now when I try to make an excel report out of it, I cannot see my connection in the Connection field of the new Excel Report Dialog box.

2.png

When I click on New Template button, I get an error, saying “Invalid characters in path.”

3.png

Can you please help with this, because this is the first time I am using nPrinting and such errors are not even letting me start working with it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Have you created a connection prior to creating the template? If so, what is the path? You will not see the connection in the reports menu where you circled it.

FYI version 16.4 resolves an invalid characters in the path bug, but I'm curious to know if your path has one of those characters.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
avinashelite

Give a valid name for the Excel Template . You will get option to choose the Connection in the New template > left hand side you will see option to import charts , variable > right click >Add here you will get an option to chosse the connection

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

I don't think you understand my problem. I haven't made any Excel Template yet. I need to create a new one.

So even if I give a valid name in the field Template Name and click on New Template, I am getting the same error: Invalid characters in path.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Have you created a connection prior to creating the template? If so, what is the path? You will not see the connection in the reports menu where you circled it.

FYI version 16.4 resolves an invalid characters in the path bug, but I'm curious to know if your path has one of those characters.

avinashelite

I feel some of the memory location might got corrupted , try to create a new connection and try again ..that should work

Not applicable
Author

Yes I did create the path prior to creating the template.

The exact path was C:\workspace\QlikView\ActivitySummary.qvw. Have also tried placing the report at many other places and then using connection to path ..\ActivitySummary and ActivitySummary.qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Doesn't work.

avinashelite

I suggest you to contact Qlik support ..support@qlik.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

Can you please help me with this bug number? Or point me in the right direction where I can find this bug documented?

Stephen_Jasionowski

I don't have a bug number but you can see this in the release notes for the version on the Qlik Downloads page