Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

nPrinting 16 - Pixel Perfect Keep Together

Good morning,

I have created an nPrinting report using a Pixel Perfect template that creates a directory of stores and store hours. It is broken up by State, County, and City. However, I'm having some trouble getting the columns to break at the correct points.

The report levels look like this:

Store Type

State Name

County Name

City Name

Store Info (name, address, hours, etc.)

I have 3 columns on each page, and I only want a column to break after a completed Store Info section. In other words, I don't want a column to end with Type/State/County/City as the last line in the column, and I don't want it to end with half of a store's information carrying over to the next column/page. If there's not enough room for each of the sub-levels and one Store Info, I'd like the whole block to start on the next column/page.

I'm having a heck of a time getting this to work and the behavior seems inconsistent. I'm seeing it break after County and City very often despite me enabling Keep Together on the sections. It's like my settings are getting ignored. I have experimented with several settings combinations but can't get it to display correctly. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Erno,

I wound up opening a case with support to get some help. I did get some additional information on the behavior. Here is what we received from Qlik R&D:

The "Keep Together" property works if the number of the rows created by the detail bands is less then max number of the rows for a single page, in fact the last bands (with few rows) works. For State and Country levels the property may not work because the rows created by their detail bands exceeded the number of page rows.

For technical details on this an other features and behavior, you can view the following article from Devexpress which is the pixelperfect development platform.

https://documentation.devexpress.com/#XtraReports/DevExpressXtraReportsUIXRControl_KeepTogethertopic

In the end, we just tried to experiment with different spacing and formatting to get as close as we could to the desired output.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Josh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Josh,

Did you manage to solve this? I have the exact same problem.

BR,

Erno

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erno,

I wound up opening a case with support to get some help. I did get some additional information on the behavior. Here is what we received from Qlik R&D:

The "Keep Together" property works if the number of the rows created by the detail bands is less then max number of the rows for a single page, in fact the last bands (with few rows) works. For State and Country levels the property may not work because the rows created by their detail bands exceeded the number of page rows.

For technical details on this an other features and behavior, you can view the following article from Devexpress which is the pixelperfect development platform.

https://documentation.devexpress.com/#XtraReports/DevExpressXtraReportsUIXRControl_KeepTogethertopic

In the end, we just tried to experiment with different spacing and formatting to get as close as we could to the desired output.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Josh