Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_rowe
Contributor III
Contributor III

nPrinting 17.2

Hi

My organisation has recently purchased nPrinting and one of the first tasks we would like to achieve is to re-create our Performance Report (which has been developed in QlikView) as a simple PDF document that can be easily distributed once a month.

Prior to purchasing nPrinting, we have tried to use the in-built reporting which comes with QlikView but have found that it is difficult to use and also doesn't render the graphics very well either.

We started to develop an nPrinting version of the report but found that we were basically re-developing the report when really we simply wanted to take what we had already developed and drop it into nPrinting.

We have seen demos in the past from nPrinting 16 were it is possible to point at an already existing Qlikview document and drop the objects into the document, which is what we were expecting 17 to be able to do.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so, what is the best way to do it? Please bear in mind that our original report makes use of the banding feature so any potential suggestions would need to take this into account.

Thanks

Mike

6 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

First id recommend getting onto 17.3 if possible.  the performance is improved and its more stable.

Can you share an example of what you are looking for?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am little bit surprised with what you are saying about QlikView in built reporting. It renders charts and tables much better than NPrinitng will do say in EXCEL template, and c'mon - It is very easy to use.

regarding your question - I would go for entity report in NPrinitng 17 and would simply use SheetID as my object  - that would enable me to use NPrinitng and distribute whole QlikView sheet as an image.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mike_rowe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andy

Thanks for your response.

I have PDf'd the report from QlikView and attached it as an image so that you can see what we are aiming to achieve. In truth it's not that bad but the sparkline doesn't seem to render properly and there doesn't seem to be a way of changing the line weight, etc.

We would like to recreate this in nPrinting but without a lot of development time. Do you think this is possible?

PS. We have 17.3 just to clarify - I got it wrong on my first post.

Thanks

Mike

img_of_performance_report.PNG

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Id say thats a pretty good report to send as it is.  The sparkline by its nature is not going to be that sharp.  if you cannot get it frmating better in Qlikview NPrinitng isnt going to do it for you. It just reproduces whats there unless you bring across the raw data into excel for example and want to create your own excel based charts.

I would personally go with what you have if not you could consider this possible solution:

If you want more clarity on whats going on in your spark line perhaps you could look to create a separate line chart with the detail you require in it in Qlik View and then use levels in NPrinting to insert it into your report at a Metric level as the detail under your summary report. 

Pros: you get the detail you want for little dev effort.

Cons: it will make your report bulkier to digest and longer to produce due to the extra level.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

Stephen_Jasionowski

Michael - use a Qlik Entity report as instructed here: Creating entity reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

All you need to do is find the object ID of the existing QV report (it should have a prefix of RP).

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

This report can be created by using a PixelPerfect template that also supports sparklines Using sparklines in PixelPerfect reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.