Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

nPrinting 18 - Exclude Filter sorta

So I upgraded from NP 16.5 to 18.1

In NP 16.5, within Filters, there was the Select Exclude option. I had excluded countries Luxemburg, N. Ireland from my list of countries in my filter named Countries.

In NP 18, I do understand that you do not have the option to exclude which is why I did the opposite and choose all the countries I wanted.

So when I run my nPrinting report now, in my designer, I have Page object that selects countries in the tab of excel sheets. So eg.

UK tab,      USA tab,         Belgium tab

The countries from the Pages source works fine but my charts that are associated with this page show ALL (see my expression below).

My chart should say  UK incl Off System in the UK tab, USA incl off system in the USA tab etc,

Instead for all these tabs even though they do say the correct country name in the tab, I am seeing

All Incl Off System.

There is absolutely no change from NP 16.5 to the new version 18.1 I imported the charts in fact to test and even when failed, I created a brand new template and all result in the same thing. "All incl Off system

= if(GetSelectedCount(Country)>1 or GetSelectedCount(Country)=0,'All',Country) & ' Claims incl Off-system

13 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1 - QlikView macros are not supported by Qlik NPrinting, any version. Remove them.

2 - The chart has an error in QlikView document that persists also if you select a specific country. Resolve that error before to use the document with Qlik NPrinting.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mikko_lintunen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

So anything new on exluded or possible filter function?

Possible filter needed for making nprinting levels on reports work. Since now all Levels area created to report. It does not matter if they have any sort of relation to selection values. You can make filter on single values but maintenance is huge if all variations are done via specified value since possible selection would do enough.

Exluded filter

And if we need to see which customers did not buy this Chairs product group we need exclude filtering and with single values which are not needed in report.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Advanced filtering is in the roadmap but not yet available.

Please note that you can add also straight tables and table boxes to the levels node, not only fields. So you could create a straight table or a table box that contains only the list of customers who did not buy a specific product in a time interval and add this new object to the levels node to have a slide for each one.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mikko_lintunen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

table seems to work on possible values, thank you!