Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

nPrinting Filter

Hi Team -

I have created an nPrinting report where I want to use a filter. The field I am filtering on is not a part of the chart that I am trying to email. Does filters only work when the field you want to filter on is part of the chart?

Best,

Sunny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

If its the part of the data model? then it will work . It acts as the normal filter if its s variable then your chart should has the variable in that ...hope this answers your question

View solution in original post

11 Replies
avinashelite

If its the part of the data model? then it will work . It acts as the normal filter if its s variable then your chart should has the variable in that ...hope this answers your question

sunny_talwar
Author

It is a normal filter, but for some reason the whole chart (without any filtration) is emailed to the recipients. I have no clue what might need to change here

avinashelite

It could be for couple of reason.

1.Any other filters applied ? which might override this filter

2. Filter value might have changed , check the data once

3.Where the filters are applied ? In the task level or report level. I preffer to do it at the Report level ..

4.Change in data model or any Single select value update on any list box

sunny_talwar
Author

1.Any other filters applied ? which might override this filter

• There is only one filter.

2. Filter value might have changed , check the data once

• the data has not changed (added the application to nprinting today and I know the data hasn't changed)

3.Where the filters are applied ? In the task level or report level. I preffer to do it at the Report level ..

• I initially started with task level filter, but then I just put the same filter on both the locations. Does that make any differnece?

• Not sure I understand this one?
avinashelite

I initially started with task level filter, but then I just put the same filter on both the locations. Does that make any differnece?

Yes, Please remove it from the task level and have it only in the report level and check ...

• Not sure I understand this one?

I mean if any changes in the data model would effect the data association linking and same goes with the Single select filter ..if any such filter are applied then it it will set the filter that can be applied after that , if your filter is grayed out then it won't allow you to apply the filters

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunny use that filter in the report dont use that in the task

sunny_talwar
Author

I tried doing this, but it did not work.

sunny_talwar
Author

The issue seems to have resolved by adding the filter field into the chart. Not sure if this is a bug or if this is intended functionality, but it works for me now.

Best,

Sunny

avinashelite

It should work...is their any aggregation in the chart ?