Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

nPrinting Frustration

We are running 17.2.1

I create a Word Template.  I open the Edit Template and can insert a QS table and then preview it.  For some reason it is totally ignoring the filter that I created.  That is one problem.

I close the editor.  I don't make any changes to anything in nPrinting or in QS.  When I try to preview the template I get the attached error.

If I then go to the table object and right click and chose update I get a message that 4 new columns has been imported/4 columns has been deleted.  Please verify the template.  Again, nothing has changed.  There is no reason for this message as far as I know.

I click on Ok. 

I can then preview the template.  Although it is still ignoring my filter.  Also my table is now not displaying correctly like it did the first time.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is driving me absolutely crazy.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jacob_hoffmann
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Mark,

NP 17 can be painfull

Have you considered to upgrade to version 17.2.2 ? Perhaps this can fix your problems. Very easy to upgrade.

Then it sounds like you should try to Reload Metadata in connection. If somebody altered the QVF you need to reload metadata on the connection. But I guess you already know that...

Then the error you report seems like your filter doesn't work. Will the preview return something, if you remove the filter? If it does, it's the filter which bugs you. A general error is to select "Value is" on numeric fields, despite the fact that you can actually select values and save the filter.

Merry Christmas

/Jacob

View solution in original post

11 Replies
avinashelite

Whats the size of your QV app ?? try to close the NPrinting  desktop completely and start building the template again due to memory problem and overwrite we face this issues

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

We are actually trying this with Qlik Sense which has it whole set of issues just because it is new.

I have tried to close everything.  I have stopped and started all of the nPrinting services.  I have deleted the report and started a brand new one several times. 

I am at the end of my rope with this one.

avinashelite

Ok I can understand your situation try to get in touch with the partner who has provided the NPrinting  and ask them to check the installation and all other things ...I feel from your end its not causing the issue

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

We do not have a partner.  I have submitted a ticket to Qlik.  Hopefully it will not be something they fix in June release.

Thanks for your response.

avinashelite

a part from waiting we don't have any the other way..I heard that NP 16 was more stable then the NP 17

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Unfortunately NP16 does not work with QS.  We are only running Qlik Sense here.

avinashelite

I think djk‌ would be the better person to assist us on this

Hi djk‌ could you please help us on this issue ?

jacob_hoffmann

Hi Mark,

NP 17 can be painfull

Have you considered to upgrade to version 17.2.2 ? Perhaps this can fix your problems. Very easy to upgrade.

Then it sounds like you should try to Reload Metadata in connection. If somebody altered the QVF you need to reload metadata on the connection. But I guess you already know that...

Then the error you report seems like your filter doesn't work. Will the preview return something, if you remove the filter? If it does, it's the filter which bugs you. A general error is to select "Value is" on numeric fields, despite the fact that you can actually select values and save the filter.

Merry Christmas

/Jacob

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

We actually are on 17.2.2 already.  We had to get that build to fix another issue that we had with images not working in templates.

This has been quite a journey so far.

It turns out that the filter issues was me not knowing that I needed to choose Numeric Value Is as you suggested. 

In addition to that I was having all kinds of other issues.  But after uninstalling and reinstalling the editor, stopping and starting services, and deleting connections and building them again, it all seems to be working today. 

Fingers crossed that it will stay that way. 

Thanks for your response.  Merry Christmas to you also.