cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

nPrinting button on local machine through Access Point

I have installed Qlikview Designer and Server on one server (the nPrinting server we'll call it).

Then on a test server I have Designer installed where the application is stored.

Our users out there access the applications using Access Point and have no access to these servers.

Scenario 1:

On the test server, I press the nPrinting button which starts the scheduler and then report is generated using Access Point but I am logged into the test server following the example that was on nPrinting Training Tutorial on the Community.

Scenario 2:

From my local computer, I access the application through Access Point but when I press the nPrinting button, the script does nothing (appears and disappears).

I want to make the button available through access point so that all users can access this. It does work if I am on the server. I'm guessing its because of Designer being installed but would that mean that Designer would need to be installed on all local machines for users to be able to run reports from Access Point.

My bat file that runs the job when the button is selected.

REM NPrinting command line parameters are as follow:
REM /NprintingFile – opens a specific NPrinting file
REM /Job  - runs a specific NPrinting Job
REM /Schedule – Activates all “active” schedules
REM /ExcelReport - Allows you to preview a Legacy Excel report
REM /Report - Allows you to preview a report
REM You cannot launch Tasks from the command line
m Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client\NPrinting.exe" /NprintingFile C:\NPrintingTraining\NPrintingFiles\NPrintingTraining.nsq /Schedule

REM The following line activates all available Service Desk reports
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client\NPrinting.exe" /NprintingFile "\\ad0016asha\d$\Nprinting Apps\Service Desk\Service_Desk_Report.nsq" /Report "Service Desk Monthly Report"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client\NPrinting.exe" /NprintingFile "\\ad0016asha\d$\Nprinting Apps\Service Desk\Service_Desk_Report.nsq" /Job "Service Desk Monthly Report"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client\NPrinting.exe" /NprintingFile "\\ad0016asha\d$\Nprinting Apps\Service Desk\Service_Desk_Report.nsq" /Schedule

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable