Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LebogangT
Contributor II
Contributor II

nPrinting "On-Demand" button

Good day

I need to create an "On-Demand" button for my Model but I have an issue. I cannot seem to get the URL right. I have installed all relevant SSL certificates and created connections yet I still get the same result which is "Failed to get data from External Resource". Kindly assist #Qlik Printing, Qlik Sense Business ,

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@LebogangT

This is issue is common when

• not using FQDN paths
  • usin FQDN paths for alias addresses associated with certificates not configured correctly for use with NPrinting (ie: there is a password in the NPrinting server .key certificate file)

See this article for more:

Now to resolve this today, do not us FQDN paths which use alias addresses. Use the computername FQDN paths for both the NP and Qlik Sense server where applicable. This takes certificate or alias URLs that might have name resolution issues out of the equation. Then this should allow you to avoid the NET:CERR errors. (also make sure to follow ALL) the points in the article above to ensure you have implemented the solution correctly.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

• Have you configured nprinting users with Domain Account details for your user? 

All other steps and requirements are described here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/On-Demand-Qlik-Sense.htm

Make sure you meet all requirements from the lionk above.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could also give a check at the following pages:

related to cases with the same error message.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
LebogangT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have followed the video on several occasions and still not succeeding. I even created a new App, Connection and Report

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you say you have installed all relevant certificates.... did you also installed certificates for nprinting site? Are those 3rt party trusted certificates?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-ssl-...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
LebogangT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, they are trusted. I have the .key and crt certificate and they are 3rd party trusted certificates

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Did you set the Qlik Sense server as a trusted origin in Qlik NPrinting?

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
LebogangT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Trusted Origin.png

Yes, I did

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This looks like Nprinting server address. There in trusted origins you should have Qlik Sense server address instead. 

LebogangT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

links.png

I have tried both the nPrinting url and the QlikSense link and the connection isn't working