Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

nprint - create excel chart based on table

hi guys

I have an Nprinting Excel report.

the requirement is that I build a chart (combochart) that dynamically builds off of this Excel spreadsheet.

Now I'm lost here. Normally, in excel, you would go mark your data,...insert...and then base your chart on the data.

now, all I have in my Nprint Excel file is this...

Capture.PNG

so..when I insert - chart..and I run the report, it only picks up the first MonthYear value - I suppose it is because

excel doesnt 'know' at execution time what possible there values there are going to be once the report is run.

I have considered creating a separate excel report that just builds this table..and then another report that 'reads' it to build the

chart...how would I do this?

Any ideas please

thank you

7 Replies
miskin_m
Contributor

Re: nprint - create excel chart based on table

Hi,

You might get the first value because you might not have unchecked the keep source format property for the chart.

This might solve your problem.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Hi Miskin,

I tried that – unfortunately doesn’t work...

Not applicable

When you add the data, the range for the data must include the cell with the data (which contains something like: <fieldname>) AND the cell immediately below. This will create a dynamic range which will expand to include all the appropriate cells after they are populated from Qlik.

See image attached:

miskin_m
Contributor

Hi,

Can you provide sample template,nsq and qvw.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Hi Aran,

Managed to solve by creating a level for the chart...but you were on the right track about the spaces above and below the column....

thank you so much

Not applicable

Lorna,

Creating the level is unnecessary unless you want to build a calculated column in Excel.

My technique should be faster when rendering reports with lots of rows of data. The range for a normal table, not using the level technique which I assume you got from an NPrinting 16 tutorial, is the cell with the tag and the cell underneath.

Best

Aran

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Thank you Aran

Community Browser