Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drohm002
Contributor II
Contributor II

nprint report error message, but report still sends correctly

Hi,

My nprinting report gets sent out daily and everything is correct within the report, the data and charts are good every single day it sends.  A few minutes after the report is sent out by email, an error email message is sent to the same end users that received the report.  Has anyone encountered this before?  Why is an error message being sent if the report is being sent out correctly and all the data and charts are good?  Thank you for your help.  The error message email is below.

Some reports failed to generate:

• Report "CHP - Master - Surgical_V2 - Surgical Services - Daily" with output format DOC

Please contact your administrator for further details

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@drohm002

The behavior might be by design. Please check the following link and configure your environment according to your requirements using the information on this page.

Since we don't know which version of NPrinting, note that this feature is only available in current supported versions of NPrinting. (in case you don't see these options in your version of NPrinting).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
drohm002
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for responding Frank,  but my nprint report is sent out correctly each morning and all the charts and data in the report are correct.  I dont understand why i keep getting an error email message if the report is sending correctly with correct data...

Digvijay_Singh

I think scheduler log must have something on this error, check the scheduler log in case you see something related.

drohm002
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

where is the scheduler log located? i cant find it

drohm002
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

where is the scheduler log located? i cant find it

Digvijay_Singh

Digvijay_Singh_0-1654189350788.png

drohm002
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

once i find the scheduler log, what would you suggest i do?

Digvijay_Singh

Not sure, depends on the error logged if we find something relevant.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As Frank said it may be by design. Are you the only recipient of this report. Are there other people also receiving it. Do those people have some filters? Does your task have other reports added which may not be generated? etc etc etc - the list goes on. 

To ensure you have correct design I would create dedicated nPrinting App with nprinting connection and replicate that report on new connection. Then I would setup a task only for yourself which would ensure that there are not external factors causing possible error. Keep in mind that you may have errors caused by objects wrongly placed in template which may not be affecting your report (hidden object tags/forgotten objects etc..)

Also I would rather look at Engine logs in DEBUG mode.

info about logs location is on https://help.qlik.com in NPrinitng section of help - just use search to find it. 

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.