Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

nprinting 17.3.1 + how to distribute same report to multiple users

i have a hierarchy of workers. L3 reports to L2 and L2 reports to L1. something like this.

When I create the excel import file, is there a way that I can specify so that I can distribute L3 's report (with some relevant filter to L3) to L2 and L1, as well ?

Idea is, the supervisor should be able to have access to the reports of their subordinates. I tried to seperate the three emails by a semicolon and it doesn't work. I don't want to create seperate rows for each of those folks, as its going to be the same filter(L3 relevant filter) in this case. Is there a way ?

Capture.JPG

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Regarding the folder distirbution - Was aware that once publish task runs successfully, it dumps all the reports to the destination folder that I assigned to the task...In my case i have seperate report/task/folder for each levels. So L3 task generates all L3 reports to L3 folder, and so on for L2 and L1

But how is this possible ? Could you elaborate a little please, esp. the bolded part ? Thanks for being patient !

Technically if you lined up the folders along the reporting lines and published tasks as I suggested you could have the manager access his own suborniates folders and not others.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

So you currently have a single task for L3 reports that publishes to an L3 folder.

I was suggesting more granular publishing if the numbers were low enough.

So L3 Mgr A had his own folder L3 Mgr B and so on...

It's more work but you will get the reports into dedicated folder.

Can you use the cyclical function in the latest release? That might be a way to go.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I agree with Ruggero assesment - i have nothing else to add.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ramachandra_gee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

It's very similar requirement,I was approaching same solution what you suggested on above mail,but I am getting an error when I import users in n printing ,it saying duplicate users not allowed.

So to avoid  this I have created separate report for duplicate users.

Thanks,

Ram.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ramachandra_gee 

This topic is not relevant anymore. Recent versions of NPrinting  allow you to use Alternate email and Variable email which solves above mentioned issue.

If you wish to discuss more I suggest you open new thread, describe it well and provide a link to this thread as a reference.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.