Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccsimo16
Contributor III
Contributor III

nprinting Excel with Pivot

Hi

I have created a straight table in Qlikview. Nprinting is then used to generate a report.

In the Nprinting  Excel designer I have create a Pivot table on a separate sheet. When the report runs the pivot table works as expected.

I would like to add a slicer to the report. When this is added I get :-

The Preview Request failed with message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

If I remove the slicer, it work.

Does anyone know how I can keep the slicer and the report runs as expected?

Thanks for your help

Chris

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Chris

Yes - you should be able to keep slices. I find this feature very good and it helps to elevate excel reports to next level! In your case there must be something wrong with template or nodes. I am sure you can use slicers and there should not be any limitation in this area

Steps i have done to embed slicer in NPrinitng generated report

1. import table from Qlik to left nav nodes
  2. drag and drop nodes to spreadsheet
    1. 11.png
  3. convert range where my nodes are to Excel table (Insert--> Table)
  4. create next Sheet, go to next sheet , go to some cell (say in cell 13B0 i go Insert --> PivotTable and when creating Pivot Table i point to my table name from point 3
    1. 444.png
  5. Insert slicer above
    1. 222.png
  6. generate report and observe results
    1. 333.png

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ccsimo16
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech

Thanks for the guide, I have manged to get the pivot working and found the reason why it failed.

Below your table you have a blank row, so when Nprinting run the report there is a blank row at the end of the full populated table. this causes my slicer to fail as there is no data. If i populated the blank row with spaces it works. How did you get it to work with a blank row at the end? or is there another way to suppress the blank row.

Thanks for your help

Chris

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I use Microsoft Office 2016 (aka office 365 local) and i did not have to do anything.

If the row with missing data is not working for you maybe you can delete it using <deleterow> tag?

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.