cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

nprinting filter empty

Hi Qlik/Nprinting experts ,

Do we have an option or setting (conditions also) that helps to send the recipient email only when a filter to that email is existing?

recently we had a situation where the recipients import load failed and the emails were sent incorrectly with full dump of qlikview data (11MB) since the filters were not present. it is pretty wierd why this failed, we are suspecting some corruption

out step include constant changes to recipient xls file and a step is included to reload the entire filter and recipients.

can we have some suggestions to avoid this kind of issues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

One way is the one I mentioned above.flag the not null values in separate field and include the condition in Nprintimg.

How to Control Report Generation with Conditions

Another way is create a variable in Qlik for that field checking for empty filter.pull that variable into Nprintimg job condition while running the job.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Try using the dynamic recipients import from qlikview table object.

How to Import Recipients from QlikView Documents - Features Track

Then include the condition "If the object is empty" in the NPrinting job.

If the the above condition is met , the job fails at that step and stops sending email to the recipients list.

Best,

Vikram

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this Vikram.

Can i ask if there are any such ways to check for empty filters also ? if the filter tab is blank i need the job to fail and alert

vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

One way is the one I mentioned above.flag the not null values in separate field and include the condition in Nprintimg.

How to Control Report Generation with Conditions

Another way is create a variable in Qlik for that field checking for empty filter.pull that variable into Nprintimg job condition while running the job.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vikram , this helps, will try your suggestions.