cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfarrell
Partner - Contributor III

nprinting license

I have a client that is switching to  the Qlik AMP licensing.   The are still running nprinting 16 and need to continue to do so because of some complex report distribution processes.    Is the any implications related to the nprinting 16 when switching the servers over to AMP based signed license keys?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, from licensing point of view I dont see any issue. 

On the other hand having still NPrinting 16 i would flag as a risk given that you will not be able to upgrade QlikView and soon you will run out of support anyway. Keep in mind that NPrinting 16 supports only certain versions of QlikView and if you upgrade QV it will stop working anyway!

My word of advice would be to re-think  "whatever complex distribution process" it is and see what are the available options with NPrinting May 2021

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gfarrell
Author

Unfortunately,  until nprinting can handle group level filters and groups within groups.. it will not be usable for our client.

gfarrell
Author

I guess i should add that two recipients should be able to share the same email address so that one can be filtered and another can have no filters.  I would guess this a problem due to the way qlik built their licensing scheme.   I have another client who is manufacturing alternate email addresses and redirects to get around this.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I disagree. The only true thing you are saying is that recipient id needs to be unique email address.

From NPrinting perspective you can create users like:

both those recipients can have alternate emails set directly in NPrinting to handle scenarios like yours, so in my opinion there is nothing stoping you from achieving what you need.

It was introduced long time ago so I guess you may need to study NPrinting documentation little bit

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-users-f...

I have also written post about it almost year ago:

https://nprintingadventures.com/2020/06/17/small-big-change-dynamic-email-address/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.