cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pakchangkyu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

nprinting nov 2018 entity tags error...

I installed 2018 Nov Nprinting(VMware) and installed 2018 Nov qlik sense in the other window server.

but... I got error...

What is the problem...???

The customer bought Nprinting license... So.. I must find this error's solution

Please help me....

np_error.PNG

13 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

The error you reported can be easily fixed by properly placing the NPrinting open/close and data tags correctly.

For more information on correct tag placement, see the following Qlik Help Video on Youtube:

Creating Excel reports with levels and subtotals in Qlik NPrinting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjIK7cC9HJk&index=13&list=PLkRFvjyuHFvLQ4uds2h7uqEl4Z3upDuDB

Also, you need to ensure that the data represented by the tags is valid. Check that your source document data matches the fields you are using in the NPrinting template editor. NPrinting caches data from the source app so if that changes you need to refresh the metadata in NPrinting and ensure that the template editor data table objects are the same. You can do this by right clicking the table object and click 'update'.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
pakchangkyu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

thanks....

but The error message got when I had used power point and excel... all document.

I only created the simple object and moved simple object power point or excel or all document...

and the when i clicked preview or save/close.. the error message was appeared

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

Were you be able to solve this problem? Because I have the same issue with a PowerPoint report. 

Best regards

pakchangkyu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Error occured because of inner company security program...

so I installed  nprinting designer in the Server not having security program

and then I cheked It worked well.

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I just did the same, but I am working with February 2019 version both designer and server. I clicked on the preview,  and I got a System Out of Memory Exception and then clicked on the preview again, and I got the entity tags error. I am always exporting some backups that I made sure were working fine with the save and preview without errors. Basically, I do not know why this error happens. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Rolando_Montero 

The out of memory error is likely a separate issue even if you are seeing the elaborate tags message.

Please submit a support case for the 'out of memory' issue so that can be investigated more closely. We may be able to provide you with QlikView Settings (assuming the issue is with NP connections to QlikView).

In any case, please submit a separate support request.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thank you very much! I am working with Qlik Sense and NPrinting both February. I am also working in the server itself as it was recommended.

Regards

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

As a final question, should I continue working on the same report or do I have to start all over again? Should I ignore it?. It is like 150 slide report. Because when I repetitively click on the preview button until the entity tag error disappears, the preview works fine. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

It is possible that the report template has become corrupted but not likely.

If you want to try recreating the report it is a good idea to try. But if you still get the Memory Error you should like a distinct case about that with the Qlik Support desk or your Qlik Support Partner.