cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

nprinting rquirement

i have a chart in qlikview ,

where I have a cyclic dimension as my x axis in a chart,now I want to replicate it in my nprinitng report,

so in my nprinting ,how I shud replicate in ppt report?,

because if I jus import that chart it will have only one dimension from the cyclic group

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting 17+ at the moment (February 2018) doesn't support cyclic dimensions. Qlik NPrinting 16.* support them.

The solution in Qlik NPrinting 17+ right now is to create different QlikView charts, one for each value of the cyclic diumension, and use them in the report templates. You can hide QlikView charts if they are saved in visible worksheets.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks ruggero for your reponse,

but I need to add that under tables,and it will be viewed in table format only right?

I don't see this property when I add it in images

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Please add some details to your request, it is not clear to me.

Cyclic dimensions are not supported in Qlik NPrinting 17+ so you don't see this property in any object.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Mate,

First of all - compose your topic title so it actually contains hint what you are trying to achieve.

Second - go to https://translate.google.com/ and use this website to create a question in understandable for all community users manner.

Third - we mentioned this before to you - please provide all details what you are trying to do / what you are trying to achieve in NPrinitng / QlikView or Qlik Sense so we can help you and others.

Now down to your question:

Think for the moment what you are trying to do. As you are saying you have a cyclic group in your chart. So obviously in Qlik the use case is that you can toggle your dimensions between those included in cyclic group. Now when you think about NPrinting you are loosing cycling functionality as you are producing static report anyway. Retoricly i would come to conclusion that the simplest solution to solve this problem would be to replicate a chart with the dimension you require in your static report and use that replicated chart as a source for NPrinting. That would definitely solve your problem.

please also use SEARCH in community best practicies how to built NPrinitng reports. As one of them says that you would create dedicated application serving nprinitng only and in this Qlik application you would create only charts required by NPrinting.

rest is mentioned in Ruggero's answers

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
MarcoWedel

Hi,

please close your open threads that received correct answers:

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

thanks

regards

Marco