Did you mean: 
Robert78
Contributor III
Contributor III

nprinting triger / user upload data

Hi everybody,

I need to make a setup, but I am not sure if it is possible using nprinting:

context:

many user upload some xml files with some data in order to populate a sql database. The qlick view interrogate this database for certain reports.

requirement:

I need to generate a qv report immediately after the user upload his data in the sql database.

Can I make nprinting server to run a job who send an email , right after the data are uploaded by a certain user ?

many thanks. 🙂

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So the first question is outside of QlikView and NPrinting:

• how are you going to know that:
    • user has just uploaded new xml?
    • and which user just did it

Those 2 informations are important as they drive remaining part of the setup.

Comments:

Using NPrinting 2020 version or even June 2020 once it comes out would be much easier as it supports variable users/recipients. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Di...

So it is all possible, but I am not saying it will be easy task to someone who is not very experienced in QlikView development and NPrinting development.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

yes you can. Depending on version of NPrinting there are different solutions available, so first we need to know the exact version of NPrinting you are using

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Robert78
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is a very good news 🙂

Our Nprintng version is:

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So the first question is outside of QlikView and NPrinting:

• how are you going to know that:
    • user has just uploaded new xml?
    • and which user just did it

Those 2 informations are important as they drive remaining part of the setup.

Comments:

Using NPrinting 2020 version or even June 2020 once it comes out would be much easier as it supports variable users/recipients. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Di...

So it is all possible, but I am not saying it will be easy task to someone who is not very experienced in QlikView development and NPrinting development.

Robert78
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Lech.

This is a good start for me for digging for the final solution.

Thank again.

Robert78
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

another question is if it is possible from nPrinting to run a task when a file exists in specified location ?

thanks.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Robert78 

i think your question is too generic. 
what do you mean by: if it is possible from nPrinting to run a task when a file exists in specified location ?

Source of data for Nprinting is QlikView or QlikSense only-full stop! 
that means that if you want to use content of this file to create Nprinting Report you need to first load it to QlikView or Qlik Sense. 

now if your question is different like: if the presence of file in particular location could trigger Nprinting report, then the answer is yes-but nor directly, only via custom built solution using API

Regards

Lech