Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

one task to create two reports with different name in Nprint?

If I want to create 2 sets of reports from the same template,only difference is the name where one with timestamp and the other without timestamp. Apart from running 2 tasks, would I be able to achieve this within 1 task (as the contents in the 2 reports are the same and the only difference is the name). thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Ronald,

The only way to add a timestampa in the output report file name is by enabling the dynamic naming for that report. The dynamic naming is a feature of the report, and cannot be ste in the task.

So the only solution is to clone the report, enable the dynamic naming in one and add both into the task.

About the task, please note that you can add the same report multiple times to the same task, but only with different output formats. So, for example, you can add the report Excel 1 two time one with .xlsx and the other with .xls output format, but you cannot add it two times both with .xlsx output format.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
juan_troielli
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello Ronald, did you try creating two reports, one for each name convention and then include both of them under the same task? Since you configure the name for each report in the report menu, the task will only send them together in one email. Let us know if it worked for you.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Not sure why you'd have an issue with creating two tasks? You wouldn't send the same report to the same user twice with only a name differentiator.  Seems a weird requirement.

I know you can give reports friendly names when adding to a task but never tried to add the same one twice.  if you can it would be set here.

mangalsk
Creator III
Creator III

You can give name in report not in task so do following

1. create one template

2. take same template in two reports and give different name as required

3. then add it in 1 task.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Ronald,

The only way to add a timestampa in the output report file name is by enabling the dynamic naming for that report. The dynamic naming is a feature of the report, and cannot be ste in the task.

So the only solution is to clone the report, enable the dynamic naming in one and add both into the task.

About the task, please note that you can add the same report multiple times to the same task, but only with different output formats. So, for example, you can add the report Excel 1 two time one with .xlsx and the other with .xls output format, but you cannot add it two times both with .xlsx output format.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks all, that was my thinking before as well, just try to see if there is any better and quicker run option. the reason I want to do this is I want to send one version to archive with time stamp and the other to the current view folder. if I can do this in one task I can reduce the time to run the report.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Create an archive user and send it the same report to a folder/email or hub dependent on where you store your archive

Or BCC a email address linked to a public folder or sharepoint account.  Both options would meet your business case without needing to do what you asked.

Regards

Andy

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

With the big advantage that you have to create a single report instead of two, so you'll save a lot of time.

Best Regards,
Ruggero