Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

password protected reports

Hi all

in Nprinting version 16 you could create reports and assign password to the report

either by task level or user level.

is this capability  is supported in June version , or are there any plan to support it

in the future

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Liron,

You are right, this feature is not yet supported in the 17 serie.

I don't know when it will be implemented, in any case I informed the dev team.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Liron,

You are right, this feature is not yet supported in the 17 serie.

I don't know when it will be implemented, in any case I informed the dev team.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III
Author

Hi Ruggero

Thank you for the response,

I hope it'll be available someday

glacoste
Creator
Creator

Hi Ruggero,

I found the option to add a password to the pdf generated from nprinting with PixelPerfect, but when trying to use it it doesn't work.

pdf_pass_ispossible.png

Could you tell us if this is an officially supported option or is it more like a hidden option not yet implemented? If that's the case, I'd appreciate it if you could tell us how it works.

Adding a password to a PDF generated with nprinting is a necessary option for the business environment, but I can't find the official documentation that talks about it.

I'am using Qlik NPrinting Designer 17.6.0.0

Frank_S
Support
Support

R&D confirms that this is currently not supported but are hoping to add support for this by the April 2018 release of NPrinting.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
glacoste
Creator
Creator

OK, thank you for your clarification !

straehl_p
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Frank, would you have an update on this one? Did it make it into the April 2018 release of NPrinting? Thank you.

glacoste
Creator
Creator

I did not see it in the release note of April 2018, for this reason I did not migrate to the new version. fsvYou could confirm if version in April 2018, or if rescheduled for another version?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Password protected reports are not yet supported in April 2018 and also in next June 2018. I don't know when it will be released.

The suggestion about PixelPerfect reports works only with that kind of reports and all generated reports will be protected with the same password. You cannot set a different password for each user.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
straehl_p
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for the update, Ruggero. This is high on our wish-list, so any indication that it might make it to the next NPrinting release (September?) would be highly appreciated. Would it be possible to get a glimpse into the future from the product/dev teams?