Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

ppt report with horizonal grouping-dynamic

Hi Experts,

I need to develop a ppt report as below.

imrasyed_0-1648021348363.png

Here client has multiple projects like proj1,proj2...

Is it possible to achieve this in one slide else do we have any workaround?

Highly appreciate your help.

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You may need to invest more time to actually describe this topic.

• Provide mockup of how the report would look like
  • Will all slides use the same layout/template (just different data drill down)?
  • Are you able to have Grouping dimension created to cover all groupings you need so then you can use <Page> function to cycle through values of that dimension and create respective slides.

Very detailed information of data structure usually is needed to answer your question as well as information regarding the structure. 

Based on current info I can say it is possible to achieve this - but without looking at your data I cannot say more.

cheers

Lech

by the way - I suggest to study this for the start:  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/PowerPointReports/Page-Features.htm

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for the response.

To make it simple and understandable I have client and under that I have multiple projects and each project has some measure value like count(resolution breached),avg(response time),avg(resolution time).

just to show it in detailed.

I have a POD column with Proj1,Proj2,Proj3,Proj4,Proj5 values.

Is it possibe to show case in the below fashion in one slide.

-3 rows for 3 different measures.

If i do page i think its gonna create a new slide for every value of POD which i dont need.instead it should be in one slide row wise.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok i see, 

So effectively you have 15 charts (5 projects time 3 measures). So I am not sure what is the problem?

I would create data for all 15 charts (that will require set analysis) and would create 15 donut charts in PPT. For example:

• count({<Project = {Project1}>}[resolution breached]) - if project names are dynamic you can use FirstSortedValue to dynamically assign project 1,2,3 etc.. 

To simplify template build alternatively you can use image of whole sheet or images of all individual charts however quality will not be as good as native charts.

So - what you are trying to do is easy and possible, but may require preparation.

BY THE WAY - you maybe thought about using trellis object from Qlik Sense extensions - I am not sure if it is supported though and since it is extension I dont waste my time even checking it - for me it is a not a stable solution so I have not even suggested it.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

thanks Lech for the Solution

but one more thing is that projects are not fixed.One POD me have 2 projects,other POD may have 10 projects.

In that case do i need to create max number of projects pie graphs or can I do that dynamically?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @imrasyed 

This is exactly why I normally would take step back, think about possible solutions and make an informed  decision. Is the report template, format, shape the right choice? Should you change it maybe different template? What is the end goal? Why is it PPT and not PDF or Excel? etc etc etc. 

No matter what tool you use If your client has 10 projects you will end up with 30 pie charts on PPT slide which is going to look awful. That is not going to look good. Even with 15 donuts on the slide I think it was overkill , but I did not pay attention then to aesthetics. Now I do - and I just think this use case should be reconsidered.

If you need to use PPT - I would suggest to introduce paging on client - project basis. Which would group projects 1-4 as 1, 5-8 as 2, 9-12 as 3.. That way you will end up with multiple slides, but you will have to manage less objects on the slide.

Regarding dynamic / static approach - with PPT we only have PAGE tag to allow for some dynamic aspect but otherwise will be static.

cheers

Lech

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

Even if I go for Excel template will i be able to show the pie in horizontal way.

If yes can you please let me know how to achieve it?

or can you please suggest any other approach or template to achieve the usecase.

And thanks a ton for your continuous support and insight.

Really appreciate your help.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @imrasyed 

i dont know what else i can suggest. This is community and not consultancy via community. 

nprinting is a tool which works based on templates, so any form of dynamic charts (hiding or showing) is purely based on particular scenario.

To explain a solution here is not really possible. There is too many moving parts and scenarios. If you already dont know which template will work best for you imagine how many scenarios we would have to describe to give you all pros and cons of every template which potentially can be used.

For that you may need experienced developer working in your environment on your data which will save you lots of time and frustration. Discussing options and solutions during call would be a lot more efficient, so yeah-i reckon you should get a consultant for this job…

sorry i cannot help more-maybe someone else will

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

no problem Lech.

Thanks a lot for all your help.