Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvugopietro
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

"Qlik NPrinting webrenderer can reach Qlik Sense hub” control fails after upgrade

Hi guys,

I'm facing an issue in NPrinting June 2020, after upgrade our Qlik Sense Server to Set 2020.

All NPrinting connections fail on the last step of the verifaction process, reported as:

-"Qlik NPrinting webrenderer can reach Qlik Sense hub” control.

Hub and QMC are running without error and I correctly imported the (all three root, client, server) QS Server Certificate on the NPrinting Server.

Here i attach the engine log file, where we can find the error in the call:

Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator.RefreshAuthCookies().

Anyone  can help me? Thank you.

screenshot.239.jpg

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This configuration is not supported. 

below message is from https://help.qlik.com 

Qlik Sense compatibility with Qlik NPrinting The following Qlik Sense versions are supported when connecting to Qlik NPrinting. Note that your Qlik NPrinting version must be equal to or higher than your Qlik Sense version

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dvugopietro
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

HI, thanks you for your advice.

I just finish the upgrade of NPrinting to Set 2020 but the problem persists (same as before).

Strange behaviour.  All went fine before upgrading Qlik Sense from Feb 2019 to Set 2020.

I attach here the new NPrinting logs for further information.

As you can see in nprinting_engine_cef: ERROR Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator - Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 20.31.2.0

Thank you.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Does this happen to every connection in your nPrinting environment or just some particular one?

If its only one - Is it possible that your Qlik Sense app has some sheets or Default Bookmarks which will be not supported?

if its only one - can you try to connect to fresh/new document with dummy data model and say 1 chart?

@Ruggero_Piccoli - Ruggero, can you suggest anything?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dvugopietro
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I just tried with a new app, with one table and 1 chart but the error is here again.

ERROR Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator - Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 20.31.2.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator 20200922T092654.523+02:00 ERROR QLIK03 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 An issue occurred in MashupServer.GetAuthenticationCookiesAndConsumeQlikTicket. Proceeding anyway by using Windows authentication to load the mashup page. ERROR: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.↓↓ 

What is the meaning of that trace of log (nprinting_engine_cef.log)?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think you need to reinstall Qlik Sense certificates in Qlik NPrinting. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II

Hi all,

I'm interesting in this thread because we're also facing a behavior like that, but even stranger.

If we configure Nprinting Connection with proxy address = 'https://nodename' it works fine. Verification runs, chace loads, etc.

But if we configure proxy address = 'https://proxyaddress-qlik/' and modify c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file with the line 'node.interconnection.ip proxyaddress-qlik #nodename' it doesn't work. This config ran before upgrade to Sept 2020 in QS and NP (later, que use QS sept 2018 & NP June 2019).

Why we want to use hosts file? because we have 2 QS central nodes and we want a easy-to-use NP proxy address change method if the server referenced in NP Proxy address stops suddenly. I mean, If we use "traditional" NP connection config, if the QS node referenced in all NP connections gets down, we must change by hand all connections in order to reference to the other QS node. But, if we use hosts file, it's only to comment a line and uncomment another one.

any suggestion?

Thanks,

Alonso Torres.

ananda-sai
Contributor
Contributor

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

we are facing the same issue with NPrinting May 2023 combined with Qlik Sense May 2022

2023-08-23_15h24_58.png

the engine log states: 

Qlik Sense remote server certificate validation failed with SslPolicyErrors RemoteCertificateNameMismatch. Please notice that certificate subject distinguished name CN=xxx.xxx.lan and Sense server proxy address set on NPrinting QMC must be the same. This usually means to have full FQDN set as NPrinting Sense connection proxy address (and NPrinting Sense hub central node, if hub destination is used) so that it matches the subject distinguished name of the certificate.

I followed the steps mentioned in the article below: (exported Root, client, server certificate with NPrinting Service Account and imported them into NPrinting Server...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/NP-wont-read-QS-cert... 

Is NPrinting May 2023 and Qlik Sense May 2022 not supported?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@philipp_kunz 

Versions are supported, still you should check that before upgrade:  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Now with the 2023 NP version there are additional settings as below. Since you are upgrading from older versions those should still work but it is worth checking how do you have this configured? Depending on setting chosen you may need to do extra steps to install certificates in certificates store. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1692833709315.png

Lastly - you may want to repeat steps of exporting certs and check if you export them for NPrinting host name as documented. (Often by default clients are exporting certificates with Qlik Sense as hostname).

cheers