Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerdinho22
Contributor III
Contributor III

sales value calculation (every seller per month, quarter, year) in PixelPerfect

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a report, which lists me the sales values of every seller. In Qlik Sense I've solved this easily with a pivot table (att.)

q&m_list.png

I'd like to have a detailed selling view, similar to this table: 

SellerQuarterMonthsale value...
SellerJohn115...
SellerJohn125...
SellerJohn135...
SellerJohn1 15 
SellerJohn246 
SellerJohn256 
SellerJohn266 
SellerJohn2 18 
SellerJohn374 
SellerJohn384 
SellerJohn394 
SellerJohn3 12 
SellerJohn4105 
SellerJohn4115 
SellerJohn4125 
SellerJohn4 15 
SellerJohn  60 

It should create a long PDF.

Due to the limitations of the nprinting tables (not "pivot-able"), this issue confuse me a lot. Does anyone have an idea, how to get it on?

thank you in advance 🙂

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It will be a lot of work, but you could also build Pixel Perfect pivot table using QlikSense straight table as a data and formatting rules to create  "PivotTable like" view by creating regural pixelPerfect table from levels and hiding dimensions values  (changing value colour to the same as background colour and by changing default border settings to conditional).

I went through this process and it is quite challenging to get everything right and you would have to first prepare your straight table right so it can support such solution.  

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

After each change in the source Qlik Sense app you must refresh the connection cache and close and reopen the Qlik NPrinting Designer otherwise the previously generated cache is used.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Gerdinho22 

So although you can export the QS pivot table using NPrinting, the NPrinting report output is similar to straight table data which cannot be expanded/collapsed.

As a work around, do the following:

• 1. Copy your Qlik Sense Pivot table and convert the copy to a straight table.
  • 2. Save the QVF and then reload the NPrinting Connection to ensure the new table is visible to NPrinting
  • 3. Create an NPrinting Pivot table using Qlik Sense (or QlikView for QlikView users) straight table data.

Here is the tutorial as to how to do this:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel....

or

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Excel-pivot-table-...

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It will be a lot of work, but you could also build Pixel Perfect pivot table using QlikSense straight table as a data and formatting rules to create  "PivotTable like" view by creating regural pixelPerfect table from levels and hiding dimensions values  (changing value colour to the same as background colour and by changing default border settings to conditional).

I went through this process and it is quite challenging to get everything right and you would have to first prepare your straight table right so it can support such solution.  

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Gerdinho22
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everyone,

these were good approaches, but the results weren´t satisfying. Now I´ve tried to solve this issue by creating levels and sublevels to create the bonding (both in att.)

Do you thin it could cause some problems, or "if the result is correct, it is correct"?

Gerdinho22
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everyone,

the listing is working with levels and sublevels (L1->seller, L2-> year, L3-> quarter, L4->month). I have now the issue, that every year is listed also (back till 2008), but I want to have just the current year. I created a filter on the field for my year:

Name: Jahr

Values->Evaluate value: =year(today())

But it seems this filter is ignored or obvisously wrong

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It could be an issue related to the data type. Try to use:

Values->Evaluate value: =text(year(today)=

Try also:

Values->Evaluate value: year(today)

without the beginning = character.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Gerdinho22
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I´ve checked the data model and there is $numeric $integer shown. I´ve also tried with:

'num(year(today()))'

'=num(year(today()))'

'num(year(now()))'

'=num(year(now()))'

year(...)/=year(...)

I think almost every combination, even changed the request type for the value-control, but the error still raises.

Gerdinho22
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everyone,

my errors suddenly disappeared and now even my advanced filters are working. There where no syntaxerrors in the filters, but I have made changes in my QS-Apps (i.e. static values in variables) and it seems that NP has references to the old data chached. By creating the report the reference is unlocated and the error occurs. After a reload of the meta data in my connection, everything is working fine and the new data is fetched also.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

After each change in the source Qlik Sense app you must refresh the connection cache and close and reopen the Qlik NPrinting Designer otherwise the previously generated cache is used.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero