cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III

send XLSM attachment in nprinting 16.9

I have a xlsm template which I am using to send as an attachment in my nprinting report. I can preview that as an xlsm file and macros intact, however when the mail is triggered, the attachment is in xlsx format and the macros are gone. 

How do I do that? I know it is not supported in nprinting 17, but I am using nprinting 16.9.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Excel with macros are supported by Qlik NPrinting 17+ starting from September 2018. From the official Release Notes:

Excel reports generated in .xlsm format
Qlik NPrinting can generate Excel reports in .xlsm format. Visual basic macros can be created inside the Qlik NPrinting Designer and will be available in the final report. However, they are not executed.

Qlik NPrinting 17+ supports VBA macros only on Excel templates. QlikView NPrinting 16 supports VBA macros on Excel, Word and PowerPoint templates. In both cases, for security reasons, the VBA code of macros is never executed during reports creation. It is simply copied from the source template to the generated reports.

In the publish task you must select an output format that supports macros in both 16 or 17+. So you must set .xlsm as output format. If you set xlsx the VBA code will not be copied.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Missed to mention that. I have selected output format as xlsm. But as soon as that output format is selected, it does not sends the mails. Just generate the reports and sit back. Task gets ended!!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We need more details to understand. 

Did you configured the SMTP server? Are you able to send the test email correctly?

What are saying the QlikView NPriting and SMTP server logs? Is the SMTP correctly configured? For example check the antispam rules.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.