Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

table automatially copied in data model?

In what circumstance, the qlikview will automatically add some table to your datamart. with a after-fix of "-1". during the process I did not reload the data but I noticed all of a sudden my file size increase a lot and then I found out a few tables have been duplicated in my data model, any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you do not specify a name for the table, QV will pick a name based on the source file name or source table. If you load multiple files with the same name (say multiple sheets from a single spreadsheet / multiple loads from a database table or function with different filters / etc), then QV will concatenate the loads if the field list is identical, but will add a new table with a -1 extension if the field lists differ.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

there is many circumstances:

• you may be loading from files with * (asterix)
  • you could have added more files to source folder
  • you may not be dropping table somewhere
  • you may want to force concatenate (rather than autoconcatenate)
  • you may have copied script in 2 places.

Without looking at your script it is difficult to say.

On top of that I hope you have used script editor (not datamodeler in qliksense) to build your script ,because then there should be some logic applied on script.

If you used datamodeler - autogenerated script may not work the way you think it should.

Qlik at the end is not as easy as it seems and you still need to know what you are doing in your script.

I suggest you attach your application so we can have a look at script to help you with this.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you do not specify a name for the table, QV will pick a name based on the source file name or source table. If you load multiple files with the same name (say multiple sheets from a single spreadsheet / multiple loads from a database table or function with different filters / etc), then QV will concatenate the loads if the field list is identical, but will add a new table with a -1 extension if the field lists differ.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein