Did you mean: 
cimxfang
Contributor
Contributor

value field in Pivot table not work

Hi Guys,

I have a straight table with three columns:

event day, data_source, eventcount

and would like to make a stacked bar chat with event day as x axis and eventcount grouped by data_source as stacked bar.

Hence, concert it into a pivot chart as below, however I find the eventcount field is always 0 although I put "Sum" there.

I was thinking there are no data for eventcount, which makes it 0, but we do have values for eventcount.

Not sure why it sum (events_by_datasource) all become 0 once the table is converted into pivot.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @cimxfang 

It's not clear what you are trying to accomplish.

Are you trying to make a pivot table as shown  in the images or as you also mentioned you are trying to create a stacked bar chart.

Are you trying to do this in an NPrinting report with QlikView or Qlik Sense data or some other data source?

Note that if you are trying to make a pivot table chart with QV or QS data exclusively, please check the following article. It has to be followed accurately or it will not work.

If you are trying to do another requirement, there are many existing tutorials that can be found here:

There are also several videos that 'might' have what you need. Please explore the Qlik NPrinting videos here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/videos. Choose 'Qlik NPrinting' to access the videos.

If you need advance assistance with your requirement, you may wish to reach out to consulting services here. https://www.qlik.com/us/services/qlik-consulting

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this looks to me like your data comes out to your excel template as text not as numbers hence it is not additive.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.