Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator

variables with parameters in Nprinting

Hello guys,

I have some variables in my qlikview app, like vCountry(1), it is return the Country Name, and I need create the report dynamically for each country because I have a lot of information text for each language, but when I use this in Nprinting it is not showing the name or text for the country

in Nprinting feb 2019 I have <vCountry(1)>

How can I show the value for this variable?

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you just need a separate document report for each country, I suggest using the 'country' dimension as a cycle in the NPrinting report.

This will create a separate report document for each dimension value.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Cycling-your...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes this is true

When you use variable in nprinting expect it to calculate and return value in Qlik. If you want to evaluate variable on NPrinting side you need to put it in formula just like i do it on screenshot:

Capture.PNG

my variable in qlik is: exp.PercToBudToday.AsAt and it has 1 parameter which i in my case is also variable vMonthYear_2

then in NPrinting formula works like textbox in QlikView where it calculates on the fly and returns result

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you just need a separate document report for each country, I suggest using the 'country' dimension as a cycle in the NPrinting report.

This will create a separate report document for each dimension value.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Cycling-your...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

First of all, thank you for your answer...

However, I have some text in my qvw file, so maybe the country can be USA or SPAIN and I created some logic to change the texts, like labels and footnotes ok? So in my app I am using the variable like vTitle(vCountry) where vCountry has the number of country like USA = 1, So the title will be in English, in the qvw it's working, the problem is when I insert the variable on Npriting doesn't working, because I can't pass parameters, this is true?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes this is true

When you use variable in nprinting expect it to calculate and return value in Qlik. If you want to evaluate variable on NPrinting side you need to put it in formula just like i do it on screenshot:

Capture.PNG

my variable in qlik is: exp.PercToBudToday.AsAt and it has 1 parameter which i in my case is also variable vMonthYear_2

then in NPrinting formula works like textbox in QlikView where it calculates on the fly and returns result

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.