Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

what is syntax for nprinting filter value in (list)

I want a filter that is simply

value = 191 or value = 192

how do I enter this?

Value is [  ]

what goes in the box? does it need parenthesis? pipes or commas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You do not need pipes, commas parenthesis

It depends what field represents:

• asci text, then Value is 1
  • intiger (number), then Numerical Value is 1
  • dual (like Month can be 1 and Jan, 2 and Feb...etx) then you need to use Numerical Value is 1

If you need 2 values, just add another value below for the same field also see screenshot

here i explained this in details (datatypes)

Re: Nprinting Filters not working on Excel Documents

see screenshots for referenece

1.png2.png3.png

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You do not need pipes, commas parenthesis

• asci text, then Value is 1
  • intiger (number), then Numerical Value is 1
  • dual (like Month can be 1 and Jan, 2 and Feb...etx) then you need to use Numerical Value is 1

If you need 2 values, just add another value below for the same field also see screenshot

here i explained this in details (datatypes)

Re: Nprinting Filters not working on Excel Documents

see screenshots for referenece

1.png2.png3.png

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks; that was one of the easier questions to answer about Nprinting! This is one case where the documentation is actually worse than nothing because it suggests that you should express an or condition as a list of values and gives example like that in the text of the tutorial (although no illustration of how to implement it). see Static and dynamic filters ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries David.

It was easy one - although i was not sure if this is actualy what you were asking for as it seemed too easy. Now when you pointed at poor documentation i 100% agree with you.

regards

Lech

mjht
Creator
Creator

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  shouldn't  the values above be "numeric value is" per your reply above where you stated

• asci text, then Value is 1
  • intiger (number), then Numerical Value is 1
  • dual (like Month can be 1 and Jan, 2 and Feb...etx) then you need to use Numerical Value is 1

mjht_1-1623955697141.png

I am trying to clarify if it needs to be "numeric value is" or if it will work either way.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

We dont know until we check the data type of that field in Qlik Sense, right? You have shown this in this thread at the last screenshot: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Qlik-NPrinting-Filters/m-p/1815609#M32510

But without checking it we never know and often this is mistake causing wrong filter type being applied. 

I described this in my blog few years ago: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/