Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SrividyaTekuru
Contributor
Contributor

what is the purpose of Email Id while Installing Nprinting?

Hi Team,

I am new to Nprinting and need information on why we need to provide an email ID while doing the Nprinting Installation. What & where does NPrinting use it for – what emails is it receiving/sending with it? 

We need to know the reason for it to ensure we set it up properly.

When I did the installation I used "A" account and now I want to use "B" account while doing the Nprinting Upgrade. Is it possible or not.?

we are planning to use "B"account as service account and do we need to create Email Id for this service account for Nprinting purpose.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

The email address that you log into NPrinting  when originally originally NPrinting is part of NPrinting security and not part of active directory.

Therefore, the original email address used to install NPrinting with can be changed as needed in the NP web console/admin/users page since it is not connected to active directory. You may use any email address that you wish so long as it uses the correct email format: ie: myaccount@domain.com

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @SrividyaTekuru 

The email field is a requirement when first installing NPrinting. Also note that the email address can be anything you wish it to be but it must be in the correct email format and it MUST be unique. It is not associated with active directory. (These credentials when entered for each user are added to NPrinting security and are not inherently related to Active Directory). Ex: yourname@qlik.com

It is also a required field when configuring individual user accounts manually or via the recipient import process.

See the following link for user configuration requirements: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-users-filte...

You can use a different user account to upgrade NPrinting but that can be tricky at the moment.

If at all possible I recommend using the original user account to upgrade then change the account later to ensure the upgrade process goes as smooth as possible. 

Note: that there is a known issue when switching user accounts to upgrade NPrinting that will be resolved in the soon to be released version of NPrinting Sept. 2019. It should be available by end of September.

Otherwise you will need to follow the steps in the following article to ensure that your NP engine works as expected after upgrading https://support.qlik.com/articles/000059277

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
SrividyaTekuru
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I have a question regarding email Id. where do we use this email Id apart from login in to Nprinting URL?

if we change the original user Id to service account in September 2019, can we still use the existing Email ID( since it's not an active directory Email ID or network email ID).

Frank_S
Support
Support

The email address that you log into NPrinting  when originally originally NPrinting is part of NPrinting security and not part of active directory.

Therefore, the original email address used to install NPrinting with can be changed as needed in the NP web console/admin/users page since it is not connected to active directory. You may use any email address that you wish so long as it uses the correct email format: ie: myaccount@domain.com