NPrinting has several configuration settings to customize and make functional some program features that are not active by default. This tutorial will explain the purpose of many parameters and provide links to other tutorials that provide detailed instructions.
Configuration settings for NPrinting Service are found in the NPrinting Management Console. Some settings, like SMTP parameters, are common between NPrinting Client and Server and they can be configured once if both NPrinting Client and Server are installed on the same computer.
- Clear recent NPrinting files: if the Recent Files list becomes overpopulated, clear it by clicking on the Clear button.
- Color scheme: select the color scheme you prefer from Silver, Blue, and Black by clicking on the button. Default setting is Silver
- Language: select the interface language you prefer from among those available. Default setting is English
- Enable advanced error management: if this box is checked and NPrinting generates an error message or crashes, it automatically creates a .zip file containing a screenshot and other information, and opens your e-mail agent with the file attached to a message ready to inspect and send to the NPrinting Support Team for analysis. Default: Inactive
- Open as a viewer: this permits NPrinting to be only used for previewing reports. Default: Inactive
- Make options settings common to all users: NPrinting will use the same option settings for all users of the NPrinting installation. Necessary for using NPrinting Service. Default: Inactive
Select Report Settings from the column of choices on the left-hand side of your screen and set:
Highlighted Settings affect only Legacy reports and they will be removed in a future version.
The E-mail settings page gives access to settings that must be configured before NPrinting can distribute your reports by E-mail. Have a look at the following tutorial for detailed instructions: How do I set up the e-mail in NPrinting?
The Log settings page gives access to two groups of configuration parameters: Log files and Notification alerts.
Under Log files:
Enter the path to the folder you prefer to find your log files under Path or browse to and select the folder by clicking on the browse button at the extreme right .
Assign a file name to save a general log file under Application log file name.
To set Service log files use the NPrinting Management Console.
When the Send E-mail notification alerts box is checked, an alert is sent out automatically by e-mail each time a schedule is executed by clicking the Start button, when NPrinting Service is run, or when a batch file triggers Schedule execution.
Activate the option "Send e-mail alert on Error"
NPrinting sends email alerts when one or more of the following conditions are verified and their box is checked: Error, Warning, or Success.
You can enter one or more valid e-mail addresses for each of the following fields manually or by selecting them from the Recipient list by clicking on the browse button.
Attach log file: by checking this box will cause an NPrinting log file to be attached to every notification sent out.
This feature allows you to test your task, without sending reports to the active 'report task' output destinations or e-mail the recipients' addresses. Test button is available only for Report Task.
Select Test Settings from the column of choices on the left-hand side of your screen and set:
You can also include the recipient's e-mail in the message body by checking the option.
All task output will be produced as subfolder of the Output path. The Task's output folder will be combined with the "Output path" to reproduce the task output folder structure. For example, if your test "Output path" is "C:\Test" and your task's output path is "D:\Output\Task", the final path become "C:\Test\D\Output\Task". The drive letter becomes a subfolder.
The NPrinting Resources page gives access to a series of buttons that trigger procedures, lead to a page of information, or set a parameter.