Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Documents

Documents related to Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER

Cycling Reports on Multiple Fields

Not applicable

Cycling Reports on Multiple Fields

Separate reports can be created automatically with NPrinting for all of the combinations of values of the fields you want.  If, for example, you want to create a sales report for each year and country combination, all you need to do is add the year and country fields into the cycle feature in your report and NPrinting will generate an individual file for each country, each year.

Report Predisposed for Cycles

Report-Predisposed-for-Cycles-.png                 

1. Select a PowerPoint report
  2. Click on the Cycle icon in the Show group of the tool bar
  3. Put a check mark in the Enable cycle box by clicking on it

Add Field(s) to Cycle on

Add-Field-s--to-Cycle-on.png                 

1. Click on the Add icon in the Cycle group of the tool bar
  2. Select a Field to cycle on
  3. Click on the OK button

Repeat this series of sub-steps to add other fields one at a time. Be aware that the number of reports that will be created is the product of the number of values for each field, e.g. your Salesman field has 2 values, Products field has 3 values, and you want quarterly reports for last year => 2  x 3 x 4 = 24 individual reports will be created.

Save Report with Cycle Settings

Save-Report-with-Cycle-Settings.png                 

Select the Save and Close icon

Dynamic Naming

Dynamic-Naming.png                 

When you Enable cycles, Dynamic Naming is enabled automatically. If it were not, all cycle generated reports would have the same name and would therefore be written each over the preceding one. See: Dynamic Report Naming

Adapt Report

Adapt-Report.png                 

Add CH212 - Sales by Category TY vs. LY to the Template as an image, see How to Create PowerPoint Reports

Add Formulas

Add-Formulas.png                 

This report will be cycled on Salesmen and Years so the "getFieldSelections(Salesman)" and "=getFieldSelections(Year)" formulas have been added to the template to make identifying the report easy, see Formulas

Create Report Task

Create-Report-Task.png                 

1. Select Tasks in the bottom left pane
  2. Select Report Tasks in the upper left pane
  3. Click on Report Task in the New group of the toolbar

Cycles are run in tasks. Preview of a report will not generate cycles.

Set up Report Task

Set-up-Report-Task.png                 

Identify the task and enter the basic task parameters.

Add Report to Task

Add-Report-to-Task.png                 

1. Select the Reports icon in the Show group of the tool bar
  2. Click on Add in the Reports group

Select Report

Select-Report.png                 

1. Select the report to be generated
  2. Click on the OK button

Conclude Task Creation

Conclude-Task-Creation.png                 

1. Output can be in a different format than the original template. See: How to Create Tasks
  2. Select Save and Close

We suggest that you to insert a couple of filters to limit the number of combinations for a reasonably brief generation time while training. For instance, add a filter to the task that eliminates all but two years and another that eliminates all but two salesman. That way you'll get 2 years multiplied by two salesmen producing four different PowerPoint files.

Generate the Reports

Generate-the-Reports.png                 

1. Make sure the task for generating the report is selected
  2. Click on Run in the Task group

The task can be checked for errors without generating any reports by clicking on the ABC Check button in the Task group

Jubilate Success

Jubilate-Success.png                 

Select from Generated Reports

Select-from-Generated-Reports.png                 

Admire

Admire.png                 

Comments
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, can we do Cycle in 17.3? Doesn't find it under report. The front end and design is different from this tutorial. Please let me know how to do the same exercise as this page in 17.3, thanks.

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Hi,

I am trying to something similar but in excel and with Nprinting for Sense. I will try to conform my situation to the example above.

I have applied the cycle of Location and Salesman to my report. However, the requirement is that, my final report should have two tabs/sheets one for a summary by Location for each product and another for a summary by Location by Salesman for each product. 

Let's say I have 4 Locations and 100 Salesman, there will be 100 reports in total (which I am doing with cycle option) with each file containing two sheets one for summary of the Location (The region in which salesman works - e.g. Sales in the North Region) and another for Summary of Salesman's performance in that region (E.g. Sales for Helen Brolin in the North Region)

Is there a way to achieve this in one Nprinting Excel report? Or do I have to create two separate Nprinting Excel Reports one for each requirement and then combine them. If the answer is the 2nd option is there a way to match Location and Salesman while combining reports?  

Thanks!

0 Likes
Contributor
Contributor

Hola, 

Estoy trabajando con algo muy similar creando un informe cíclico el cual deberá generar aproximadamente 270 reportes ya que la dimensión que se ocupa para generar el ciclo contiene esa cantidad de departamentos.

He leído que por la particularidad de los informes cíclicos estos son enviados por correo comprimidos en un .zip, que en mi caso estaría enviando los 270 reportes, es posible que para el envío lo haga de forma individual ?

Necesito que en el nombre del reporte se incluya el nombre del departamento pero que en el envío solo llegue el reporte correspondiente al departamento que indica en el nombre .

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2015-04-24 04:06 AM
Updated by: