Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Documents

Documents related to Qlik NPrinting.

NPrinting On-Demand: Examples

Not applicable

NPrinting On-Demand: Examples

How to Use NPrinting On-Demand Service Examples

An example project is installed in the “NPrinting” folder on the NPrinting installation drive on the machine where the NPrinting Server is running.

Request a report using QlikView Desktop with WebView disabled or through AccessPoint using IE

This example shows how to request and obtain a report.

• Open the “SalesDemo for IEplugin.qvw”

• Click on “NPrinting ODS” tab.

• Configure the parameters in the “Settings” input box if needed:

• Hostname: Configure the name of the server on which the NPrinting Server is running (default “localhost”)

• Make selections on QlikView

and/or

select an existing Additional Filter

and/or

select an existing Additional Recipient

• Select the report you need to preview, either the Top25Products or the OverTimeSales

• Request the existing NPrinting report by clicking on the preview button

When NPrinting has finished processing, it will return a URL to the created report.

This example will generate a file containing the report.

Please note that Additional Filters and Additional Recipients refer to NPrinting filters and recipients prepared and saved in the NPrinting Project .nsq file.

This means that:

• if there are current selections in the qvw and the report contains existing NPrinting filters on the same field(s), the current selections will be replaced by existing NPrinting filters. E.g. if the user selects Country=UK in the qvw document and the report contains a filter for Country=Austria and Salesman=Joan Callins, the second selection will be applied
  • if current selections are present in the qvw and the user adds additional filters to the same fields, additional filters will not be applied. E.g. User selects Country=UK and then adds the “Country=USA” additional filter, only Country=UK will be applied.

Request a report through AccessPoint using Ajax client

This example shows how to request and obtain a report.

• Open “SalesDemo for Ajax.qvw” using QlikView desktop with WebView enabled.

• Click on “NPrinting ODS” tab.

• Configure the “Hostname” property of “Top 25 products” and “Over Time Sales” buttons.

• Configure the “TCP port” property of “Top 25 products” and “Over Time Sales” buttons if needed (default port is 9001).

• Save and close the qvw and publish it on AccessPoint

• Open the “SalesDemo for Ajax.qvw” on AccessPoint using Full Browser version

• Make selections on QlikView

• Select the report you need to preview, either the Top25Products or the OverTimeSales

• Request the existing NPrinting report by clicking on the preview extension button

The NPrinting queue will show the current number of “unopened” reports and when a new report is available the button will become green.

Moving examples to another server

When the example documents are moved to another server, the HostName variable must be changed to the new server DNS name (in QlikView menu bar > Settings > Variable Overview > search for the HostName variable and edit it).

Modify examples

Examples can be modified to experiment with On-Demand features. Before saving new documents, remember to switch web view off (in QlikView menu bar -> View -> Turn on/off web view).

Attachments
Comments
cesaraccardi
Valued Contributor

Hi Sarah,
I can't find the “SalesDemo for Ajax.qvw” example document. Where should I look for on Windows Server 2008?

Employee
Employee

The file “SalesDemo for Ajax.qvw” is in the NPrinting Training environment that can be downloaded from the link: NP_Training.zip - Box.

Unzip into the folder C:\NPrintingTraining and open C:\NPrintingTraining\QlikViewDocuments to find the file.

cesaraccardi
Valued Contributor

Thanks Ruggero, I am not able to access the link you've sent. It seems to be broken, are you able to access it?

Employee
Employee

I attached the file to the article. I hope this resolves.

cesaraccardi
Valued Contributor

Perfect! Thanks very much!

Not applicable

Hi Ruggero,

I'm also looking attached details  but unable to find you attachment can you let me know where I can find attachment.

Thanks

Sr

mahamedfaijan
Contributor

Hi,

I am not able to view the Preview Button.

Not applicable

Excellent I tested in my environment by using the above instructions and it worked fine.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎04-27-2015 04:44 AM
Updated by: