Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Documents

Documents related to Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Save the Date: QlikWorld Online, June 24-25, 2020. Free global virtual event for data integration and data analytic gurus. Register Today

Send Filtered Report to Specific Users

New Contributor III

Send Filtered Report to Specific Users

I have a QlikSense report that contains five different locations. I want to filter the report per location and send each location to an individual user. Is this possible? 

Comments
Support
Support

Yes,

Use each dimension value for each each location user as a location user recipient filter. In a nutshell you need a user/recipient filter or each location user recipient. 

In the NP web console

Create your specific location filters.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

Next, open each user profile in the NP web console. On the filter tab for each user, select the location filter that you want to use as a recipient filter.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation...

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
New Contributor III

I can create a filter based on a column value, but I cannot add a user to receive that filtered portion. Is there a specific way to do this? I have looked at those links above and they do not match what I see in NP

0 Likes
Support
Support

The method you are suggesting is not compatible with how to create and assign a filter to a user. So let me try to simplify the process.

1. Create your filter (ie YEAR-2016). If needed, you can create a formula as a filter but you must select 'evaluate' to ensure the filter is created as expected. See image below.

Formula as a filter.PNG

2. Add filter to NP User: Find your NP user and update the user filter accordingly. Remember to 'update user filters' to assign the filter to the user.

add filter to NP user.PNG

If this still does not solve your issue, you will need to clarify your requirement as there is no other way to assign a filter to an NPrinting user in NP 17 or higher versions.

0 Likes
New Contributor III

Ah I think my issue is the User part. I may not have full access to NP from my admin. I do not see a user portion to add the filter to.

0 Likes
Support
Support

If you are not an administrator then no you do not have the ability to do this by default. Please contact your administrator to add user roles and filters where needed.

If my or any one else's answers have helped you please mark it as an accepted solution for this or any assistance you might receive.

We assist here in the community on a voluntary basis so we appreciate when you can either 'like' or 'accept' as a solution information that helps you.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2019-03-05 07:43 AM
Updated by: