Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

0 value rows are hidden

Hello,

I have created a Nprinting report based on a Qlik Sense table.

This table shows daily amounts. The behavior is correct in qlik sense as it shows me all the values for each single day.

I then created a table via pixel perfect on nprinting but somehow whenever the result of my first column is 0, the line is not shown. I did not activate anything special and I do not understand such behavior.

Nprinting:

gerald_lebret_0-1679930392724.png

Qlik Sense:

gerald_lebret_1-1679930443534.png

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Dear all,

Thanks for your help.

I tried to change my level from month day to date. The sort order seemed fine but my dates would now appear as numbers. I then tried to change the format through the native pixel perfect features but it would not work.

After some digging on this topic, I ended update on this post:

Pixel Perfect Date Formatting when Date Field Used... - Qlik Community - 1716205

Hence, I had to follow the instructions: select my field, click on script specify before print and enter the following script :

private void tableCell11_BeforePrint(object sender, System.Drawing.Printing.PrintEventArgs e) {
XRLabel label = (XRLabel)sender;
double x = Convert.ToDouble(label.Text);
DateTime myDate = DateTime.FromOADate(x);
label.Text=myDate.ToString("dd.MM");
}

Now, my dates are correctly sorted and in the format I want.

Thank you all once again and if any of you has a suggestion to make it work natively without script, feel free to let me know.

Best regards

Gerald

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@gerald_lebret 

it is possible that your NP report is not using the columns that no longer exist.

For example, when developing a report, it is possible to drag and drop specific columns to the template editor rather that the main chart object. Therefore it is possible that those two columns need to be removed from the report template.

or

The source QVF/table object has changed and you need to update the table in the NP designer. 

--in this case, just reload your NP connection, open the designer, the right click on table object used in the report and click 'update'

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Changes-to-the-source-QlikView-or-Qlik-Sense...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please share also a screenshot of the template. I suspect that you are trying to create a table in PixelPerfect by adding the source Qlik Sense table in the Tables node. 

To create a native PixelPerfect table you must use Levels as explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Simple-PP-Report...

If you already used Levels and you see different data in the generated report than in Qlik Sense check the filters applied in Qlik NPrinting. You could also temporary add a formula with =getcurrentselections() in the template so you will see the list of all filtered fields in the generated report and compare it with the selections applied in the Qlik Sense app.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help. After going over your answers and through some other posts, I identified and corrected 2 problems:

My only dimension had a "=" before the name of the field and apparently it iwas then considered as a calculated dimension. Then for some reason, there was a problem with my level. I deleted it and recreated it and it solved my problem.

I now have a sorting problem.

In one of your other post, @Ruggero_Piccoli , you mentionned that "Data in PixelPerfect tables are sorted in the same way as they are in the source QlikView document or Qlik Sense app."

However, here is my QS App:

gerald_lebret_0-1680034455302.png

and here is the result when I print my report:

gerald_lebret_1-1680034530677.png

The dimension is calculated through script load in Qlik Sense.

Here is the formula:

num(Mois,'00')&'-'&num(Jour,'00') AS Mois_jour

Here is a screenshot of the template:

gerald_lebret_2-1680034721404.png

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Gerald

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Regarding sorting:

• If your level is based on the object (say straight table from QlikView or Qlik Sense) then make sure to check default sorting on Sorting tab of properties of that object, save your document, regenerate metadata and try again.
  • When using Qlik Sense you need to make sure your sort order is not only set on UI by clicking header but actually is set in Properties Panel which normally requires clicking on EDIT -->(popup will appear that layout has changed) you need to "Apply" it --> then go to SORT tab and double check if correct sorting order is there. 
    • after save document, regenerate metadata in NPrinting and try again ...

Have you done that?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello,

My level is based on the above mentionned dimension (Mois_jour(Month_day in english 😊).

As for the object sort order, it was set to automatic on the dimension but also in the sort research. I then tried to change the sort order for the dimenion and I also defined the research sort inheritated from dimention nothing seems to work.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@gerald_lebret 

have you put your dimension to straight table object? If not, put it there, configure sorting in the table object and then use that table object (NOT just field) as a level.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Yes, I am using a straight table.

I first created a level with my month_day value and then created a sub-level with my table.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you check the article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Custom-sorting-in-Qlik-NPrinting-PixelPerfec... It is related to PixelPerfect but you can apply to Levels on other types of template.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli I did check this article but I do not wanna do throught that. It's a simple straight table with 1 dimension and I just wanna sort everything as it appears in Qlik Sense.

Best regards.

Gerald