cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michasiuk
Contributor III
Contributor III

API to export Report Template in Qlik Nprinting

Hi is anyone one aware as to how to export a Report Template using the Qlik Nprinting API's I have had a look at the API reference and this doesn't seem possible.  I'm also wondering if it is technically feasible to extract an individual item from the using the Qlik.NPrinting.Manager.exe utility for arguments sake an individual report template.  I have had a look at the documentation and it doesn't seem feasible on the surface.  The reason that I ask is that we have had a corrupted report template and the only way to do a restore appears to be to restore the whole Nprinting  instance rather than just one individual report. It would be really useful if this feature was available.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are right with all your points.

- there is no API to export report

- the only way to restore is to restore whole repository

(on the above - I have a daily job doing repository backup. Also as a good practice i always export report which goes to production as a zip so I have template and entity tags backed up for each individual one)

The workaround for you would be to

• take a backup of current environment
  • restore environment from old working backup
    • export report from there
  • restore repository from the latest backup
  • import/replace report from exported one

The whole procedure should take less than 20 min 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
michasiuk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks I expected as much. I'm hoping that Qlik Takes note of this post.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There already was a similar request, so I added to it also a link to this conversation. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
maheshram
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any API to Import/update the report Template in Qlik Nprinting?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @maheshram 

how about checking this at https://help.qlik.com ?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/APIs/NP+API/index.html

API changes and at this stage there is no support for report template export/import

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You couild add it as a new features request in https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
michasiuk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

if you're using the QlikNprinting-CLI PowerShell Module the command listed below will let you export the Nprinting report templates.

Invoke-NPRequest -NPE -Path "reports/$($Report.id)/export" -method Post -Data $ExportObj -OutFile $ExportFile -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -WarningAction SilentlyContinue -WarningVariable warningvar -ErrorVariable errorvar