Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiegoF
Creator
Creator

Add Filter by default depending what user enters to download a report on-demand

Hi!

I have a big problem in security and confidentiality when I let people download a report on demand, basically the people do see what it should be shown in the qlik sense but they dont filter by company so when they download, they see the data from other companies.

So, each user has his unique field UID_USUARIO_ENC, that gets applied by default (but they dont see) when entering the App Sense so they see it ok, but NPrinting I´m guessing doesnt know or respects that thing and just prints everything it founds (With no filter applied). 

I want to create this filter and apply it on the report so it prints correctly, how would the formula be?  I´m guessin somehting like GetFieldSelections(UID_USUARIO_ENC) but it shows nothing, because its not applied in the filter selection, I´m assuming it reads this field and just applys it to the view, but I have to get this field and set it on filters so it does it automatically in the report aswell.

Sorry if I´m not being very clear, but just think it as if the user 32 enters to see the app, i want to read his id user and apply it to the report filtered within (bc that will modify all according to this confidentiality) I´m guessing with advanced search. 

DiegoFraj_0-1653640713629.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

If data security of is of utmost importance, then you need to apply section access to your source QVF (or QVW for QlikView users).
For more information see the following article.

Section access, if applied accurately should mitigate data access to data based on user access to data set by section access. 

NPrinting reporting is not exempt from section access security. 

However, you must apply section access accurately in your document load script whether or not NPrinting is in use or not.

If NPrinting is in use, you need to ensure the NP service user account is part of the load script. The article above mentions this.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

If data security of is of utmost importance, then you need to apply section access to your source QVF (or QVW for QlikView users).
For more information see the following article.

Section access, if applied accurately should mitigate data access to data based on user access to data set by section access. 

NPrinting reporting is not exempt from section access security. 

However, you must apply section access accurately in your document load script whether or not NPrinting is in use or not.

If NPrinting is in use, you need to ensure the NP service user account is part of the load script. The article above mentions this.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
DiegoF
Creator
Creator
Author

Couldn´t I apply this "security" by saving the OSUser in the backend in a table and then filtering by that? In theory, all should be linked together and if the report is filtered by default with this OSUser filter, it should be showing only his fields right? 

Frank_S
Support
Support

@DiegoF
Give it a try. 
But NT section access is the supported way to secure data out of the box. 

If you come up with another way, it 'may' or 'may not' work but would not be supported in either case.
Kind regards...