Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haasmwdm
Contributor III
Contributor III

An error occured while elaborating the entity tags.

Hello all,

when I try to open a specific report the following error message appears:

haasmwdm_1-1658745903375.png

"The method or operation is not implemented."

After that the designer opens but I can't change anything and the formulas, tables etc. on the left side are not shown anymore.

haasmwdm_2-1658745972478.png

When I want to save the report, I get the following error:

haasmwdm_3-1658745994764.png

"The method or operation is not implemented."

The error also only appears in this one report. I do not have this error with other reports.

Thanks for your help!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes if you've deleted the connection then you need to recreate the connection.

Deleting the source connection breaks the relationship to the source document (QVW or QVF).

Recreating the connection does not reassociate the report to the new connection.

You can try this..

• Try to export the NP report out of the NP web console>Reports page interface
  • Go to the report and click 'export'. If this works and you are able to download a copy of the report, you can then create a new NP connection to your source QVW or QVF.
  • When the connection is 'generated', go ahead and import the report. Just follow the dialogue questions. (the help page about this is here: Moving reports between environments

Then once you've successfully imported the report, you should be good to go.

The other option is if you have a nightly backup of your NP database, you could always restore that. (any changes in the current NP database made since the connection deletion would be overwritten by the restored copy of your NP database however).

So a lesson learned is to not delete connections for existing reports. If you need to, make sure you download a copy of the report (s) associated with the connections 'before' deleting a connection.

Also, to make frequent NPrinting database backups.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

November 2019 is no more supported. To benefit of all solved issues, please start by updating your installation to a supported version, latest is better, by following the instruction on the help site https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Upgrading-Qlik-... and on the Release Notes of the version you are installing. Thanks.  

Are you using a Qlik Sense third party extension? If yes be sure it meets all the requirements listed in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/MultiDocument/Using-Sense-third-part.... We don't have a list of certified extensions.

You can also refresh the connection cache to be sure that Qlik NPrinting is aligned with the Qlik Sense app. Close and reopen the Designer and click on the Check Entities button on the right so it will check that all entities used in the template are still available on the source apps.

It is a single report that has a problem so you can also try to copy and save the Microsoft Word content from the Designer to a new .DOCX file and save it. Then create a new template using this file as custom template and add again the Qlik Sense Entities. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
haasmwdm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi ruggero,

thanks for your reply.

I have upgraded to the current version May 2022 SR1. Unfortunately it did not fix the error.

So far we are not using Qlik Sense at all. The error comes in connection with Qlik View.

best regards

haasmwdm

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi, just a quick question,

Did you upgrade both NPrinting Server and Designer or just the Designer?
It is required to upgrade both.

Also,

Check the requirements to ensure you have a supported version of MS Office. (Any cloud versions of MS Offices are not supported. A supported version of MS Office must be fulling installed on the NPrinting Designer computer.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Digvijay_Singh

Try export/import of this report if it makes any difference. Not very positive though but worth a try..

haasmwdm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

we have updated everything as described in the manual. So yes designer and server are on the same level.

But I think I found the problem: I deleted a connection that was still "active" in the report, but I didn't actually get any data from it anymore. Is there a solution here or was this a mistake that cannot be undone?

Thanks 🙂

haasmwdm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

When I try to export the report I get the same error message....

Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes if you've deleted the connection then you need to recreate the connection.

Deleting the source connection breaks the relationship to the source document (QVW or QVF).

Recreating the connection does not reassociate the report to the new connection.

You can try this..

• Try to export the NP report out of the NP web console>Reports page interface
  • Go to the report and click 'export'. If this works and you are able to download a copy of the report, you can then create a new NP connection to your source QVW or QVF.
  • When the connection is 'generated', go ahead and import the report. Just follow the dialogue questions. (the help page about this is here: Moving reports between environments

Then once you've successfully imported the report, you should be good to go.

The other option is if you have a nightly backup of your NP database, you could always restore that. (any changes in the current NP database made since the connection deletion would be overwritten by the restored copy of your NP database however).

So a lesson learned is to not delete connections for existing reports. If you need to, make sure you download a copy of the report (s) associated with the connections 'before' deleting a connection.

Also, to make frequent NPrinting database backups.

Kind regards...

haasmwdm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, I could not export the report because when I clicked on the button, I got the same error message.

We always make a backup of the entire server. Fortunately, the data was not completely gone and I was able to restore it.

So as you said, I have learned the lesson and will be more careful in the future which connection is deleted. Was hoping there might be a more elegant way to get the data back 😄

Thanks again for your help though.