cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III

Bar charts in NPrinting

I'm trying to create my own bar charts in NPrinting and unfortunately running in another problem

That's how my bar should look like(for each year column should be close to each other)

Ethel_0-1659528817234.png

That's the result I'm getting from NPrinting

Ethel_1-1659528866683.png

Numbers are correct. But why are my columns are apparat? How to make Nprinting or PowerPoint in Nprinting put columns in the same year together?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Labels (2)
10 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ho,

are you using the bar chart as a picture from Qlik Sense or using the datas from the bar chart to create a chart in Powerpoint?

Maybe PP can't do this.

Regards

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm using a table(not image) to create a bar chart

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

So your problem is not in NPrinting but in PowerPoint

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yes, but I'm still doing it through NPrinting....

That's how my data look like

Gender Number
<PeriodYear> <=Gender> <if(......)>
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @Ethel

Please check the following if you are not already doing so. It is essential to follow the steps point by point.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much!

I did exactly as it says in the manual and my graph shows correct numbers just for some reason series not overlapping(2018 columns should be together,2019 etc). I checked my template and columns overlap there. So it's technically PowerPoint problem, but there is no way to edit PowerPoint view of the graph before I click save and close. In preview I don't see columns.

That's my problem...

Frank_S
Support
Support

If you are having difficulty building out your requirement using the MS Office Tools within the NP designer, then I would suggest that you build your required chart in Qlik Sense. Once the chart is available in Qlik Sense:

• Reload then NP connection
  • Create a new report
  • Add your chart as a table or image to your PPTX slide
  • Then, export the chart to a report and distribute as needed using NPrinting. 

I realize you probably already know this based on your other posts.
But just wanted to reiterate this since I've pointed out a couple of key points necessary when attempting to access newly created Qlik Sense charts that are intended for use with NPrinting.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you! I'm trying both options. Unfortunately both are working as good as I'd expect. 

May I ask in this theme without creating a new theme.

When I'm importing charts as image, for some reason I don't see legend(but I have it on my chart). Is it a bug or I have to change some settings?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Frank_S
Support
Support

Please start a new conversation with your new question Including images (expected results/Actual results) so as to keep the theme for this conversation in tact...thanks in advance.