Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asuod_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change Date Formatting in Straight Table Object for Excel Report NPrinting

Hello,

Within the NPrinting Designer I am bringing in a straight table in an Excel template and then wanting to convert a date field in the table from number to date (MM/DD/YYYY). Under tables and selecting the specific date field/ columns im looking to convert i have unchecked 'Keep Source Formats' and then put in Format: Date(DateField, 'MM/DD/YYYY') and it doesnt seems to work. I have also tried Date(DateField) and Date(A2) but nothing seems to work. Probably going about this incorrectly but looking for any advice. Thank you! Would like to stick with a straight table object and just change the columns. 

Category Sales Product Date
Home Goods 100 Chair 44439
Food 400 Hot Dog 44439
Clothing 600 Shirt 44439
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes - you are doing this incorrectly as none of those functions exists in excel! Why dont you just use cell format to convert it to DATE?

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1661398590110.png

also providing a screenshot of what you do would help understand where else there could be a problem?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes - you are doing this incorrectly as none of those functions exists in excel! Why dont you just use cell format to convert it to DATE?

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1661398590110.png

also providing a screenshot of what you do would help understand where else there could be a problem?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.