Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change date format of cyclic field in Qlikview Nprinting 16

Hi Team,

I am developing Qlikview NPrinting report using 16 version. I have generated report for Employee name with Date of birth field and both are fields I have keep in Cyclic field. But I want to change format of Date as YYYYMMDD while generating file in short filename's of date field will change. But If I change format of Date in Data model then all chart expression will change so instead of changing any changes in data model. Is it way to do below change in NPrinting side ?

Was : EmployeeName_MM/DD/YYYY
Expected change of filename : EmployeeName_YYYYMMDD

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I suggest making a copy of the object that you are working with within the data model (in the QVW or QVF) and update the copied object in the QVW or QVF as needed ie: with the date format that you want to use and reload the NP connection meta data. 

Once you create the report using the new object with your formatting, you can then hide it in the source QVW or QVF. It must be there the first time you use it in an NP report.

Or you can just copy the QVW or QVF, make your necessary changes needed for reporting purposes and use this updated copy for NP reporting purposes only using the original QVW or QVF in tact so your business uses see no differences to their existing data model/qvw/qvf.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

the simplest solution would be not to change existing date column but add another one with different format and use the second column for your cycle. 

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

but my expression of all  charts depends on that date field.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

i know- and that is why i said to not to change the one you already have as it will work with your expressions, and in addition create another(second) column with date field formated in the other format... 

then you can use the 2nd column in cycle  to be part of your cycle file name.... and the original date column will be working as it is

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.