Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Charts are randomly blank in Nprinting May 2023

Dear Qlik Support Team,

After upgrading to the last version of Qlikview and Nprinting (May 2023), we noticed that charts set to be displayed as images in Excel reports are randomly blank.

See screenshots below: same report template with different renders.

In the Designer, images appear correctly in preview mode.

What we tried so far with no success : open/save the report and update the metadata

Any idea what happens ?

Regards,

Cédric.

Labels (1)
6 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

1. Please review the following article link below for unsupported items.
2. If none of those items work to resolve the issue open a support case and provide a full set of Nprinting logs, a copy of the Nprinting report and QlikView qvw used to create it.

Article link:

1. Qlik NPrinting: Unsupported QlikView Document items, System Configurations and other limitations

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-Unsupported-QlikView-Document...

View solution in original post

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

We had the same issue after upgrading to QlikView May 2023 & NPrinting May 2023 SR1.

Issue is related to a miscommuniction between NPrinting Server and QlikView Server.

Support raised a Bug: JIRA: OP-95911

Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

Hello All,

Yes, the issue is found to be with Qlik View May 2023 not with the Nprinting. It works perfectly fine with Qlik View May 2022 SR2 and earlier supported Qlik View versions.

And yes, the problem is only when connected via Qlik View Server Connection.

The QV BUG: QV-24977 is being investigated currently. 

Workaround: 

Use Qlik View local connection

Rakesh HB

Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlik Support informed : "This is to let you know that the fix is planned in Qlik View 12.80 SR2. It is planned to be released in the last week of September 2023."

cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I confirm the report generation is back to normal with all the charts and images correctly displayed.

Thanks to the Support Team.

Regards,

Cédric.

37 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

1. Please review the following article link below for unsupported items.
2. If none of those items work to resolve the issue open a support case and provide a full set of Nprinting logs, a copy of the Nprinting report and QlikView qvw used to create it.

Article link:

1. Qlik NPrinting: Unsupported QlikView Document items, System Configurations and other limitations

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-Unsupported-QlikView-Document...
David_Friend
Support
Support

@cedric_loch there are many potential causes of images randomly missing...

as a test if you re-create your report template is the issue still there?

cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Ray,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

We have dozens of templates and every one was correctly generated before the update.

We come from NPrinting 22.15.11 May 2022 SR3 and considered upgrading to May 2022 SR4 until we saw the May 2023 versionn which we finally installed.

I definetly will follow your link and read it carrefully.

Cédric.

cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi David,

We plan to test with a complete from-scratch new template, but I don't consider this as a real solution...

Cédric.

cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

As advised I ran 2 tests:

#1: from an existing template, I deleted the charts from the sheet, saved, reopened and added them again -> charts are correctly displayed in the previewed reports, but images are still randomly blank when the publication task is executed.

# 2: I created a new template, defined a dimension as cycle, added charts as images -> the images are correctly displayed in the previewed and the final reports, in other words it works fine.

My guess is that all my reports have been somehow corrupted when we made the upgrade...

Have any other Nprinting users encountered such behaviour ?

Cédric.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @cedric_loch 

I dont think your reports got corrupted. I think it is a case of QlikView vs NPrinting compatibility and it seems like there is only 1 combination of 2023 May QlikView and NPrinting which is supported at the moment so not much we can test or do. 

I would say - open support ticket ASAP and let Qlikkies have a look at it. @Ruggero_Piccoli - what is your opinion? 

Thanks

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
cedric_loch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thanks for your message, ticket is on his way to Qlik.

In the meantime, I will try a last shot by creating a new report based on an existing template.

I keep you posted.

Regards,

Cédric.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you connecting to QlikView or Qlik Sense? Which version?

Do you have filters applied on the report with the issue? With the same filters, do you randomly have black charts? I mean if you run the same task multiple times do you always have the same result?

Try also to apply the same filters in the source app and export the same objects that are blank without using Qlik NPrinting and check the result.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

based on description of the post it is QlikView latest version with latest NPrinting - that should be QV May 2023 an NP May 2023 - @cedric_loch  - can you confirm that?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.