Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin-Albert

Conditionally hide columns in NPrinting Excel Template

Is there a way to conditionally hide columns in an NPrinting Excel Template?

I know that the columns can be conditionally hidden in the source QlikView chart, but I need to control the final columns headings in Excel so this is not an option.

All references I can find to conditionally hiding columns in Excel require macros.

I have tried using a .xlsm template with the macro but the macro does not appear to be passed through to the output spreadsheet.

Any suggestions how this can be done in NPrinting?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Colin,

I do not know of a way to do it.  It would be nice if conditional display was available in the template for objects.  Not only do I want to hide columns or objects, but I would like to hide a range of pages, based on a variable.  My work around it to have two different templates, but that requires it to be more static than dynamic when you decide to print the report.  When using On-Demand, I have two different buttons and each calls a different template based on the scenario desired.

Sounds like an idea.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Colin,

I do not know of a way to do it.  It would be nice if conditional display was available in the template for objects.  Not only do I want to hide columns or objects, but I would like to hide a range of pages, based on a variable.  My work around it to have two different templates, but that requires it to be more static than dynamic when you decide to print the report.  When using On-Demand, I have two different buttons and each calls a different template based on the scenario desired.

Sounds like an idea.

Colin-Albert
Author

Thanks Mike. That saves me banging my head on a brick wall with this.

hildacgg
Creator
Creator

This post is from 2016, is there a way to do this with latest versions? I have Nprinting November 2020.

Thank you,

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @hildacgg 

Yes this is an old post and as such I would suggest starting a new thread outlining in details (in addition to your version of NPrinting) add details regarding your specific requirement including:

• Version of QlikView or Qlik Sense
  • Expected results
  • Actual results
  • Steps to reproduce or actions taken
  • What you have tried and how close are you to achieving your result

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!