Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuzanamac
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Conversion to SaaS with Nprinting

Hi,

our client wants to convert its existing perpetual licenses to SaaS. But he also has NPrinting. Partial conversion is not allowed. How it will work? I mean between Nprinting and SaaS environment. 

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best Regards

Zuzana

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

As I have understood it there is no SaaS support for NPrinting.

In Qlik Cloud you will however have access to SaaS reporting. It is not NPrinting, but for some use cases it might be sufficient. 

zuzanamac
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Vegar,

thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, my understanding was the same. But I do not understand why the client MUST convert Qlik Sense and also Nprinting when he decided to go to SaaS. Will be NPrintig useful for him after the conversion?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @zuzanamac

Your questions are very important to us!

If you could share your feedback also with the Qlik (SAAS) reporting team here at the link below, you will receive direct feedback from the product management team responsible for the Qlik Reporting service in SAAS.

Thank you @Vegar for helping us with your response to zuzanama!

Kind regards..

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
AdamBS
Partner - Contributor III

You need to check the admin method used for the move from perpetual to subscription SaaS.  In 2021 this was done with a method that allowed the client to run the on-prem (client-managed) site for 3 months and then for the term of the SaaS subscription, the client-managed would run 5 Professional Users.

This means that for the subscription term, Qlik NPrinting could still be used from that client-managed instance.  With Qlik evolving SaaS reporting services rapidly - one would expect that at the end of the term you would not need to renew the Qlik NPrinting subscription.

It seems sensible from Qlik.  Our client who did this, does have some difficulties, but overall the approach does work.  Our difficulty was the client-managed SLK did not have the feature to deploy to SaaS and naturally, the Qlik Sense App needed for Qlik NPrinting are still reloaded on Client-managed - used by Qlik NPrinting - but consumed by the user base after the deploy to QSE SaaS.

Adam Barrie-Smith
iOCO Analytics Solutions
zuzanamac
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Adam,

Yes, we see exactly this as a solution and I just wanted to write about it.

The customer will get an additional QSE C-M environment after the conversion (it used to be 5Pro users) to manage the Nprinting environment; so finally customer has to manage 2 environments: SaaS for Users, and C-M for reporting.

But in this case, I do not understand why the customer needs to convert also NPrinting. When it is a must, we hope and pray that everything will work. 

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

@zuzanamac   can you clarify  "must convert NPrinting" ?   QSCM must use an SLK to turn on 'distribution to SaaS' , a feature helpful to QS customers who want to reload a QS app on-premise and then auto-push it  to SaaS. That could be helpful whether a customer has NPrinting or not.  But if a customer does have NPrinting, they can continue to use NPrinting without any change:  NPrinting can still connect to QSCM whether its licensed by  a LEF or an SLK.  The support matrix of NPrinting doesn't change.  Just make sure the NPrinting service account is a domain user that is a rootadmin in QSCM. Whether QSCM is licensed by tokens or professional/analyzers or a LEF or an SLK,  the NP domain user account never requires a QSCM token/user license on its own. 

AdamBS

I think this depends on Qlik.  A normal SaaS subscription does not come with a 5 Prof User Client-managed site.  Once the first 3 subscription is complete, I expect Qlik is wanting clients to have moved to the more modern QSE SaaS Reporting Service; or perhaps the auto-renewal will just renew the 5 Prof User Client-managed too.

It is all a matter of how fast the Reporting Service can match what you do in Qlik NPrinting. From my experience, the Reporting Service is set up to be more straight forward than QN - this is difficult to explain, I see the Application Automation as a more clear definition of how Filtering applies to various sections of a report vs QN having the ability to place a filter at Report, Task, Sheet Object, User.  

Am sure Qlik will provide a method for clients who are unable to move off Qlik NPrinting.

Adam Barrie-Smith
iOCO Analytics Solutions